Afterwards

Cheryl P.O.V

At the end of the funeral I go to tell my mother that I'm going to leave and drive out of town for a day. I need a break from here already and it's only been just over 24 hours. I approach her nervously and am very close to shivering like a leaf before saying what I need to say to her. Her reaction is not bad but not good either.
"CHERYL BLOSSOM!" She hollers loudly in anger. "How DARE you leave me at a time like this?" See it's not the worst reaction she's had. It is just very embarrassing to me. I feel all eyes in the room on me. "I'm not leaving permanently just-" But I don't get to finish my sentence as a stinging slap burns my face. I yelp. I haven't felt this intense pain since I left. A single tear threatens to drop from my left eye. I know that I should be strong in times like this but it still hurts me every time. "No excuses. My word is final. No decision for you. Cheryl Blossom is staying at Riverdale." I'm about to speak when I feel a soft tap on the shoulder. Butterflies. It must be Veronica. "Excuse me Mrs Blossom, but that was really uncalled for." Comes the voices of Archie Andrews.

Veronica P.O.V

I can't handle seeing anyone being treated in this inhuman way. I snarl in disgust as the sound of a slap rings through my ears. Before I know it I'm marching up to them. This isn't right. But it's not just me. The whole crew of my friends are right behind me too. I tap Cheryl lightly. "You can stay at my apartment if you'd like?" It was a bold move but I feel Cheryl would be safer in our care than the care of her own mother.

Cheryl P.O.V

My saviour at last. I won't have to stay with this evil creature who I call my mother. Penelope is advancing towards us. My heart and breathing rate increase. I feel faint. I am going to pass out. No. Not here in front of all these people. My vision is tainted black at the edge. The last thing I remember after that is the warm feel of two arms belonging to Veronica Lodge catching me.

Veronica P.O.V

"Catch her!" I yell before realising that I'm actually the one closest. I dive forward and grab a now unconscious Cheryl in my arms. "Let's go. Now!" I scream at Kevin, Archie and the rest. They don't hesitate to assist me with the redhead in my arms. We get to the car and I lie her down. Wake up please, I plead with myself. I stroke her soft hair and her eyes flutter open. "You're awake!" I practically shout. I can't help myself but I hug her. She doesn't resist but instead snuggles into me like a lost kitten. "Thank you." She whispers her voice breaking as tears threaten to spill again.

Author Notes: Ahh! Blackpink had a comeback today and I'm so pumped up about it! BLINK is a great fandom. By the way I hope you liked the teeny bit of Cheronica in this chapter!