Chapter 8

I sat in the little room I chose to be in, waiting for Vince. I was bored as hell, so I started to think.

My life is so sucky at times. I thought I could truly put my parents death behind me, but every day when I wake up I have to look into the eyes of the killers son. I guess Roderick wasn't there, he couldn't change it. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on him. It's just hard to believe that I'm mated to blood of my worst enemy.

I heard someone enter the room. I looked up to see my loving brother who came to my aid. I smile broke across his tired face as I got up to greet him.

"Vince, how are you?"

"I'm fine, and how are you?"

"Excellent! I have exciting news... So my wolf may have done some things with out my human consent, but I have the next spot at being the alpha here."

He seemed shocked. "Erin... you didn't. Did you kill the alpha?"

"Oh, um, yes?" I said nervously.

"You cannot be the alpha here! Isn't this Isabelle's pack anyways?"

"Yeah..." I said faintly.

"Erin, I'm sorry and I could tell you wanted this, but I can't let you have it."

"Why not?"

"Isabella is the Luna, and she will take her mate's place."

"But that's not fair. I won the battle, I should be the alpha."

"Do you know how selfish you're being? You rightfully know you are not the alpha. This is ridiculous Erin. Isabella is your best friend for crying out loud! She would give you anything, but not this - this is too much to ask of her."

Vince's words hit me like a ton of bricks. God, I really am being a douche today, aren't I? Ugh, screw you wolf instincts.

"You're right," I muttered.

"I'm what? Sorry, I didn't catch that." Vince had a twinkle in his eye indicating he truly wanted to hear me admit my failure.

I grumbled, but complied. "You're right!" I yelled in his ear.

"God Erin, why are you such a pain sometimes?"

"I'm your little sister, what do expect me to be like?" I smiled, feeling a little better than I had before.

"You're right. Now can we go tell Isabella the good news?"

"Yeah, but first let me get Roderick," I ran to the back of the pack house.

"Hey Erin, is everything alright?" Roderick hugged me.

"Yes, but I am giving up my position as alpha. Vince made me realize how selfish it is for me to take this position from Isabella."

"Oh, okay. Are we going to tell her?"

"Yep, let's go." We walked to her room, which she used to share with Ethan. I knocked lightly on the wooded door.

The door softly, slowly opened only a mere crack. She attempted to slam it shut, but Roderick held it open.

"Go away!" She still tried to shut the door, and Roderick smiled in her failed attempts.

"Isabella, we need to talk."

"I have nothing more to say to you," she said through gritted teeth as Roderick was slowly opening the door to her dissatisfaction.

"You're the alpha. Not me. Take the position, Isabella." She took a deep breath and opened the door.

She opened the door and tilted her head up to see me. My little Mexican fajita is so mad at me. Poor thing, she's so short.

I am honestly not that tall, but she is five feet tall, so I had to hang my head to look at her. Nine inches divided us, and fourteen inches divided her and Roderick. I'm sure my mate is a giant to her.

"You're giving the position to me?" Her eyes were wide open as she stared closely. She was trying to tell if I was solemn about my words.

"Yes. You're the former Luna, so you should take the position."

"Oh my god, are you serious? Thank you so much for reconsidering!" I could tell she wanted to hug me, but resentment caused her to withstand her urge.

"You're welcome," I turned to face Roderick. "Alright, let's get the hell out of here."

After the door was shut, I took off running as fast as I could. Roderick chased after me, disorderly.

"Why are you running so fast?" He was breathless when he finally caught up to me.

"You idiot; I killed her mate and now we're in the land where she is the alpha. We have to hurry before she changes her mind of being happy to angry again."

"Oh crap!" He ran faster than me, but looked back several times to confirm I was safe.

I casually walked into the room that Vince was in and led him away from the guards. I explained to him what was going on, and we all set out to leave the territory. I could see the woods as we were nearing the edge of my pack.

"I hate running," I said, panting.

"You're just lazy," Vince brushed by me and into his little apartment.

"I am. Alright, well I guess I'll see you later, okay?" I started to hug Vince goodbye, but he stepped aside and eyed Roderick.

"Actually I would like to talk to your boyfriend for a second."

Roderick looked panicked, for Vince frightened him. I laughed a little, rubbing Roderick's arm a little for comfort.

"He won't bite, unless you make him angry," I teased at Roderick.

They both walked into the house as I sat and pulled out my phone. It was my life when I was bored. I played Candy Crush and Flappy Bird. (Yep, I got it before it was deleted, suckers!) My score was 78 which were pretty good for me because I don't have all the time in the world to play.

After about fifteen minutes they returned and Roderick looked a little calmer. I heard the conversation because of my amazing hearing and it was just the basic things a dad would threaten his daughters first date with. Such as: I'll kill you if you hurt her and stuff like that.

I finally got my goodbye hug from Vince. Roderick and I headed out to his pack. I was happy to be on good terms with everyone, well so I thought. Isabella sent guards to capture the North Valley Pack and wait to execute Roderick. Little did I know what was in store for me.