Chapter 1-Storm

12 years ago

"Daddy when will we get there"l asked. I was five years old and very impatient. We had been sailing for 3 weeks. My parents were zoologist , and there jobs required them to travel us the travel all around the world. Right now we were somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle.
"Be patient little one we are almost there" he chuckled. He picked me up and twirled me around. I squealed in delight.

"Mr.Williams there something on the radar that suggests that there is an island about 20 miles away"one my parents coworker Steve said. Everyone huddled around him excitedly. This is what everyone came for, the Bermuda Triangle Islands had hundreds of undiscovered species that scientists were dying to discover first.

"By my calculations we should be reach it within an hour" Steve continued.

"Good work Steve" my mother complimented.
She turned to the crew,"Everyone gather your supplies and prepare to reach land" she commended.

"Wait a second Martha, something else is also coming up it looks like a powerful storm" he frowned at the screen. "I'm sure we'll pass right through it though" he said certainty .

How I wish he was right.

1 hour later
The ship was rocking back and forth. Everyone was trying to hold onto anything that was nailed to the floors. My mother was holding me to were chest singing a song to calm me.

"Don't worry little one we'll be just fine"my Dad tried to reassure us, but even I can hear the worry in his voice.
All of we jerked backwards and my head hit the wall.

I was awaken by the sound of  birds, I slowly opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. I was on an island laying in the sand. I felt something dripping on my nose and realized that my forehead was building. I looked around for something to cover it with when I saw my wrecked ship. It was completely destroyed, I knew that there was no way anyone could have survived that. Tears came to my eyes for my mother and father who were lost.

I don't know how long I sat there crying. But I know it was night when I was forced to find shelter on the island. I realized that I still had on my family necklace, the one my father gave my mother and eye for Christmas. I dried my tears when I looked at it. I knew somehow I would survive

I'm kind of new at this writing thing so if if you have any suggestions just holler at me and I will take them it consideration😊