0.1 | WAKE UP CALL

WAKE UP CALL

~~~

~~~

"Seriously? Mom, it's like 6:30 in the morning!" I groaned, rubbing my eyes. The morning light shone through my window and the smell of fresh paint that graced my walls from my late night expedition to change up my room. I attempted to get up, but that failed immediately, so I just snuggled back into bed. 

'Ahhh..the warmth...'

My mother had just pulled the curtains back on my window, which let the little sun into my bedroom. I, in turn, groaned at the thought of getting up and going to school. 

"Juli, get the hell out of bed! You're going to be late for school." My mother yelled, interrupting my thoughts. She stood by the door of my bedroom, her hands on her hips. She was short, 5'4, but I shouldn't be talking, I'm 5'3. 

I inherited her long, ebony hair and mocha skin, as well as her nose, mouth, and petite structure. I got my eyes from my dead beat father. My mom had these brilliant, vibrant jade eyes, from her mom's side of the family, whilst I got stuck with literally the most black eyes I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I loved my eyes. I just wished they were less of a pool of black and more colour. Some brown wouldn't have hurt. 

"Five more minutes," I whispered, trying to snooze off. I was going to take any reason to skip school. 

"You've been tired for the last few days, honey. Are you getting sick?" Mom asked, frantically. She worried too much, on the contrary, I had been feeling tired. She felt my forehead.

"Hot, but not hot enough to stay home. Chocolate croissants and ginger tea will be waiting downstairs." She turned around on her heel and leaves, leaving me with the mess I like to call "Julica Vegas".

Lovely. Just plain lovely.

A/N: I'm editing this piece of crap from about 3 years ago ! Stay tuned !! <3