SHLOSHA

"Evening

"Evening." Poppy said, smiling as she approached a table inside a posh-looking restaurant. Jadwyn followed closely behind her. He put on a smile too, although it was a reluctant one.

Two people sat around the table. A young man around Jadwyn's age, which he assumed was Tom, and an older woman which he again assumed was Liv. She looked like she was in her mid-to-late-20s and she looked familiar. They both looked alike, with their brown hair and dark brown eyes.

Poppy hugged Tom, then Liv, both kissing each other's cheeks. Tom hugged Jadwyn, and Liv kissed his cheeks, but Jadwyn just stood and smiled. They all sat down and smiled at each other. No one really had anything to say in their minds, except for Tom.

"Jadwyn, mate." Tom blissfully said, he looked at Jadwyn with his radiant brown eyes. "You've no idea how depressed we were when we thought you were gone. But you're here now, and I'm so happy."

"Tom. You can't scare your friend off like that." Liv said, then turning her head to Jadwyn. "But he's right, we're all very happy that you're here now."

"Thank you." Jadwyn couldn't stop looking at Liv. "Uh, I think I just saw you in a movie. Two movies." Quite literally an hour ago he fell in love with the third film he ever watched in his life.

She smiled as she took a gulp of wine from the cup she was holding in her hand, her eyes light with playfulness. "Ah, yes. That would be my acting career."

"I liked it. Although the first two films are mediocre, but I think Wonder Woman is amazing." Jadwyn praised, already liking Liv with her fun personality.

"Thank you. Yeah, a lot of people seem to think that way too. I'm glad you liked it." Right after Liv finished speaking, a waiter came.

"Good evening. My name is Max, how are you doing this evening?" The waiter Max asked them for their orders, giving them his best smile whilst doing so.

They ordered a full course dinner, with various appetisers and desserts. But they ordered the same main meal, chef's special miso-glazed Chilean Sea Bass with a side of mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach.

"So Jadwyn, how are you managing life with Poppy this far?" Liv asked after Max the waiter had left with their orders.

"I'm managing it just fine." Jadwyn said, and when he realised everyone was still waiting for him to speak more. "Although everything I've encountered doesn't bring any memory back. It feels weird, but nice to have a lovely sister and some friends."

"The doctors said they would all return, in time. And they said he'll possibly remember more with familiar faces and places." Poppy explained to their friends.

"So we can just tell him about his previous life and show him all kinds of stuff? I mean like pictures and videos and stuff." Tom eagerly asked, like it was an utmost urgency.

Poppy immediately said, "No, no. They said he can't take too much information. His brain needs time to process."

"But what if he can't remember? Will all of the things we've been through just float away like rubbish in the sea?" He looked uneasy and impatient.