My unamed story

"Vanity, not love, has been my folly"

It is universally known that a if a man is rich and good looking, he has the right to the hottest girl in town...right? So I was thinking the other day, as the cheerleader captain and football jock were mushing around each other on lunch, what if I could change this universally accepted thought? What if the computer nerd ends up with the cheer captain and the jock ends up with the unwanted dork?

"Ahh no way in hell man, the world's been evolved around that thought since time immemorial- before anyone can remember! And now Miss Audrey thinks she can come along and change high schools way of life?" I just stared at one of my best friend, Vincent, until he started chuckling.

"But Vincent-" I began before he rudely interrupted me.

"No, no and no! What do you care anyway? a) You've never wanted a boyfriend and b) it's not like your part of the 'losers group' for you to say something like that, you're loved and you know it," he said smiling slyly and winking at me.

"Blaah, blaah and blaah. You talk too much, let's get to class before 'TheEgg' cracks" I replied. 'The Egg', also known as our maths teacher, Mr Egalitarian is a short, round fat man with a big, ugly, bold head. As I walked into class as usual, his face was flushed with anger, making his ears poke out and his flat nose flare.

"Who's already cracked The Egg?" asked Aaron as he slipped into his seat next to me.

"I heard that apparently in his last class, someone pissed him off so badly that one of the buttons on his blouse popped," answered Prim, one of my closest friend as she slipped into her seat on my other side -a bit too loudly, letting the class laugh along with her.

The rest of the day dragged on as usual. The class mocked The Egg, learning nothing and earned the same lectures they cop every day. Sport as I like to say was 'The BOOOOOMB'. Basketball- my kind of game.

"There's nothing better than sport to end the day, don't ya think? And since I know how much my basketball girls love their game, I decided to change stuff around for today. Boys vs. Girls." Beamed Coach M

Prim, my other best friend along with Hayley, Frannie and Gracie (who was anything but graceful) were the girls on my team. Luke,Adam and Aaron were also with me on the blue team.

I grinned as I realised Vincent was on the opposing team.

"Let's kick some butt!" Prim hollered as we took our positions.

"Hey, Audy and Prims, don't worry, I'll go easy on you both." Vincent said with a laugh.

"That's fine with me, but I'm going as to play hard as I can, go" I replied with a laugh as the whistle blew.

"Oooh, the chicks going hard" yelled Luke earning him a slap against the shoulder.

It was one of the best basketball games I've played by far. Everything was amazing. The part where Vincent accidentally tripped over and fell straight on his face, and even the part where Prim and decided to shoot the ball (getting it in!) on the opposing team's side. The score was 10-10 and the ball was in Luke's hand. He threw it across the hall, towards Prim, and me, being so smart and everything, knew that anyone could intercept and get the ball. I jumped for it, like any other dedicated player would do -and crashed straight into a wall, hitting the hard, cold floor.

"Ow."

Well it felt like a wall that's for sure, though I looked up and found myself staring into Gale's face. I ain't going to deny it; he's breathtaking with his short brown ruffled hair. His tanned skin and jaw line look amazing, full of sweat (ekh). And the eyes that stared back into my own were as blue as the deep sea, lined with thick black lashes. Offcourse all this checking out didn't show on my face, instead I looked back and said, "For a minute there I thought you were a wall, and you felt like one that's for sure."

"FREE SHOT FOR ME BABY!"

I screamed across the hall as I picked up the ball and scored the winning shot. Gale was still sitting on the floor, not even bothering to rebound it.

"Hey Vince, maybe I should have gone easy on you" I exclaimed loudly as I walked into the change rooms.

"Don't you look fantabulous Audy," Prim said with a laugh. "Who cares, we won!" I replied as I made my way to the mirror. Calling me Frankenstein would be an understatement. My brown hair was falling out of its ponytail. My cheeks were pink, god forbid my 'white as ice' face turning red. My thin lips were partially opened in surprise. My hazellish eyes or as my mum liked to call them 'Almond eyes' were wide open frantically looking at the baby hairs poking up and around my face.

"You look beautiful Audrey, chill" Frannie concluded. My best friend... My only fan.

"Yeah tell that to the crowd of boys lined up outside the door" I replied with a grimace, walking away from her, catching her shaking her head in disagreement.

Just as the bell was ringing, finalising the first day of a long week of school, my maths teacher Mrs Judith or as she like us to call her, Jane beckons me to follow her into her room.

"Don't take too long I have to get home early today," Hayley told me, as she was my ride home. "Nah man, don't wait for me, looks like it's gonna be long," I said with a sigh.

"Audrey, sorry to be keeping you back after school though we need to talk". Jane explained as I ensconced into a chair. "I'm all ears!" I shrugged, giving her a small smile.

"Okay, so how to start? Your maths marks recently have been dropping. I'm not saying they're unbelievably horrible marks, though I know that you are capable of much more and there's no denying it. I've seen you in class, you're such a dedicated girl and then your results show me something different. You're a loud, talkative, funny girl though I want you to put more effort at home. Do this for yourself, not for your friends, me or even your family members. I'm not one to judge I understand that people go through difficulties in life and I want you to keep this in mind 'The best revenge is success', okay sweetie?" She gave me a true- to heart smile which made me jump out of my seat and give her a hug, without thinking twice.

"Thanks miss," I whispered, thinking how she and Miss Honey from Matilda are so alike as I walked out of the hellhole also known as Woodcrest High.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please comment and let me know what you think! thanks a lot :) VOTE<3