The Broken Doll

A long time ago, there was a very large and elegant castle. With beautiful cobblestone walkways and horse drawn wagons. A little girl, but the age of 10 was walking in the green green grass of the field near her home. All-though there was no one around to play, she had no problem with playing alone. She would sing and dance around and pick flowers to place in the many hundreds of vases and jars around the stone castle's many rooms.

When she was just a little baby she had fallen and cut her hand. As she grew, no one wanted to be near her, because she was always wearing dark colors and her hair was in her face. She never covered the wound, she though that it made her special. All the kids at school would laugh and some even hit her. Everyday when she got home there would be a new bruise or small cut somewhere on her body. Soon her parents because sick of it and simply left her. All she had was herself and she decided that she would never go to school again.

Years passed and no one had heard anything of the little girl. No one knew how alone she was and no one knew that her wounds had never healed. She kept her left hand wrapped in a bloody bandage. Soon she was nothing, just a dream floating in reality, with no one to love her.

Another year passed and the girl was now, but 14 years old. She had finally crept out of the castle. She wore a beautiful corset and flowing black skirt. Her long raven black hair was pulled back into a tight braid. She opened the large wooden door and stepped onto the cobblestone. The sun was bright in her eyes, which she shielded with her hand. She stepped into the beaming sunlight and jumped onto the only horse that was left and rode off toward the city.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while of finally starting to come out of the castle more and more often, she began to run into a young man that worked as a cobbler in the city.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How are you today, Miss?" She turned to the cobbler and smiled.

"I am fine thank you, Sir." She replied, ready to turn away.

"Wait, Miss. Would you like to join my for dinner tonight?" He asked hopefully.

She thought for a moment and nodded slowly. "Yes, I would love too." So that night they had dinner at his home and they began talking with one another.

"So, where are you from, Miss?" He asked, sipping some wine.

"I live in a castle," She smiled and put down her wine, oh so delicately.

"Where is the castle?" He asked, curious.

"In a forest, not far from here."

"Would you show me?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course. We can go now if you would like."

"Absolutely." They both stood and walked outside. She jumped on her horse and her jumped in his. They rode off toward her home in the forest.

When they arrived, the cobbler was in shock. He gasped, but did not want to frighten her.

"This is my home," She smiled and stood by the large wooden door."Please come in." She ushered toward the door. He walked over to her and took her hand. She lead him inside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had lead him through the castle and they were now standing under the staircase.

"This place is amazing, there is only one thing I haven't seen," He put his hand on her cheek and pulled back her cloak. Revealing her bruised face and scared expression. His hand dropped to his side and he stumbled back. "It...it....it's.... yo......you... Your the broken girl!" He fell down to the floor and tried to crawl away.

"Wait! Please!" She reached out toward him, but he pushed her back.

"No! Get away from me!" she watched him run out the door. She collapsed to the floor crying.

"...NO!" She screamed and held onto her head.

Thus we conclude our story of the bruised and broken doll who lived in thestone castle of the forest.