Yellow Curtains

The sound of the apartment door closing reached my room, so now we were finally alone. The only thing I could hear was Even's heart beating in his chest underneath my head. No Noora looking for fishcakes, because she's at some cabin with the girls, no Linn scolding anyone or anything for being a little loud, because she's visiting her family in Larvik and now no Eskild, at least for a couple of hours until he comes home from his night out with friends.

I slowly intertwined my fingers with Even's and started to smile, because this boy was mine and for now the kollektivet was ours. I could feel his other hand carefully stroke my hair and moved my head to look at him. When I saw him staring down at me with a smile that reached his eyes I couldn't refrain myself and moved my whole body until I lay almost completely on top of him, so I could kiss him. Gently at first, but with the way he kissed back I could tell he wanted more and I was high for this.

Afterwards we lay on our backs next to each other, so I turned my head and said, "You know, Even, I actually quite like it when you don't wear clothes." A laugh escaped his lips and as a response he pulled me clother to him and kissed me on my cheek. Now there we lay, alone together in happy silence, feeling the heat radiating from each others body. From time to time we kissed, but mostly we just enjoyed each others company until Even asked, "'The boy who couldn't hold his breath underwater', who knew the movie would go like this?" I answered with, "I did and I'm glad it's happening in this universe, but don't you think it deserves a less pompous title by now?" "I do, I'm going to call it 'The boy who took my breath away' now", came his answer. "That's still pretty pompous. But also really sweet.", I responded before moving in to kiss him and taking his breath away, however Even interrupted by saying, "You know I didn't only mean taking my breath away by kissing me, but by being Isak Yaki, right?" "Yeah, I know, but kissing is what we're gonna do now", I replied before pressing my lips against his again.

Our breathing just began to turn into grasping for air while our hearts were beating faster, when suddenly the door of my room was pushed open and we froze on top of each other. "Looks like you guys somehow didn't miss me, so I'll just go to my room and we'll talk tomorrow after you're done with the fun", Eskild exclaimed before closing the door again. Embarrassed I looked at Even and let out a nervous giggle, but Even just said, " I guess we should call it 'The guy that ruined the mood', huh?", before wrapping his arms around me and after another kiss I fell asleep in my favourite place.

Unfortunatley I didn't wake up in it, like most times, but instead I found another one of Even's drawings, which put a smile on my face, before I could even make out what art he has created during the night. On the left side I could see Even and me making out on the bed with Eskild standing in the doorway. Next to his chest stood 'Eskild interrupting' and on the other side the drawing looked almost the same, except for Eskild, who wasn't there, and the curtains, which were yellow. "That's weird", I quietly said to myself, because as far as I can remember Even's drawings were always black and white and he never used colour before, but as I took a closer look I noticed another difference seperating this drawing from all the others. Instead of the usual 'at the same time at a completly different place in the universe' abover the right side it now read 'at a differnt time at the same place in the universe'. This confused me a lot, but by the time Even walked in with wet hair from the shower he just took, my tired brain was able to make sense of it and I think I understood the question behind this drawing.

Even looked at me, saw the drawing in my hand and carefully said, "God morgen". Still a little overwhelmed I replied, "Halla... does this mean...?" "Yes. Well, only if you want to. I mean it's already like we're living together...", came the answer. I stood up, walked over to Even and kissed him before saying, "Of course I want to move in with you." I could see how relieved he was to hear me say those words, but he still was a bit tense, so I added, "Well, only if we have a good oven to make cheese toasties with kardemomme." That got a laugh out of Even and finally he relaxed, so I kissed him again and while I sunk my hands into his wet hair I could feel his smile as well as his hands on my hips pulling me closer.