viii

🥀

As much as I wanted to let you be, I couldn't hold back the strong feelings for you. How was I supposed to go through the loss of our child without you? I was weak, lonely and lost.

I tried to forget, but it failed.

I remember the day I came and rang at your door. You were living in a small flat all alone, in a city near Seoul.

You seemed heartbroken.

You had lost weight. Your bright (e/c) eyes turned into dark, dead orbs. No smile, no emotion. You let me in.

Your apartment was almost empty, with only necessary furnitures such as a couch and a fridge. A single bed, a night table, a wardrobe and a desk in the room. Papers were scattered all over the floor, and I noticed your handwriting on them.

The kitchen and the bathroom were nice, but the fridge was empty. Only a few ingredients. I turned around to have a better look at you. Realization struck me; you were starving yourself.

I spoke.

How are you?

Fine. you shrugged

Do you still think about it?

You shook your head no, but you were obviously lying.

I am sorry.

I promised myself to come back the next day.

However, bad news came on the next morning. The police called me and informed me–as I was still your husband, officially–that you were found dead in your apartment.

A strong smell of blood coming from your place urged your neighbors to call the police. Two officers came soon after, and discovered your dead body laying on the floor. You killed yourself. Because of me.