Chapter 3- The truth

I stopped thinking about all that stuff and went downstairs. "The breakfast was good honey. You should have ate some." "Ya... sorry mom. And, can I, you know, go to my friends house?" "Which friend?" "R- Ronny. I want to hang out with him y- ya know?" I was really going to Karel's house but I knew mom wouldn't let me go so I lied. "Okay honey. Be careful." "Oh and mom," "Ya?" "Can you actually call me Michael. You know, my ACTUAL name?" "Okay honey." "Mom you just called me honey." "Sorry hon-... Michael..." "Hah, bye love you." "Love you too."

I had to take the elevator to go to room 137 were Karel lived in. Everyone in my school lives in my apartment. But when I was about to press the up button I thought, The hair. Why didn't mom react to it? I looked down at myself and I was normal. I looked in the elevator mirror and my actual hair was back! I was normal! Was that all a dream? Did I actually not have that hair on my body?

I arrived at Karel's room and I knocked on the door. Her mom opened it. A cigarette in her hand and her voice very, well, icky. "W-" Before she could even say what she had to say, she coughed. "What do y- you want...?" "I'm looking for Karel. Is she in there?" "Why wouldn't s- she be..?" "Never mind, can I come in?" "Wait a second, who are you?" "Michael Bowntie." "Who is your father?" I paused. Does she know my dad? "Clifford Bowntie." I replied, gulping. "Ehh, don't know who he is. I thought you knew Frankie Bowntie." She replied. "Now, can I come in?" "Fine come in."

I entered the apartment. It was so nice. As usual, I went to Karel's room. I've been there a lot and her dad always answered for me. I have no idea were he went. I opened Karel's room and she was on her phone. "K- Karel...?" She put her phone down and looked at me. "What do you want Jonathon? I asked you to do me a favor and you accepted it. See? That's all we need to know." She seemed annoyed. As usual she is always annoyed but, this time it was stronger. "Are you okay Karel?" "Yes..." I stared at her. "Okay... well, I am actually really mad. My dad was just reported missing. I am really scared for him." I sighed. "I know how it feels to lose a dad. It sucks. But, you'll get through it. I did." "I guess so, but maybe I won't. Just leave me alone!" There was a long pause. Soon I got up and saw a magazine on her floor. I wanted to read it so I picked it up.

What was on the cover was horrible. It was my dad. The description said, Clifford Bowntie hooked up! Then I saw the girl. That is probably her. I thought. Karel's leaned over her bed and looked at me. "Hey isn't that your dad?" "Ya... and that isn't my mom." "Oh my god. I- I'm so sorry." "Nah. Don't apologize. It is not your fault." I turned to her. "It is my dad's. And because of him me and my family are poor!" "W- Wait, you are poor?" I sighed. "Why did I say that..." "You are!" "Okay okay, I am. Why do you care? All you care about is bullying Ronny." "Excuse me?" "I told you already. Why do you bully him? He hasn't done anything to you!" "I know, I know. It is just that, Jackson makes me." Oh my god. Jackson is the blame for this.

xxxxx

Sorry that this chapter is so short. It is 12:00 and I am really tired. Make sure you point out any mistakes! Bye!!