White Prison

Have you ever been in a world where nothing feels right to you? I tend to feel this way normally, starting with me being in a world entirely alone. No family to claim as my own and no friends to help me when I need it.

                I only remember one thing to link a person to me and it is the solitary reason why I am still living today. The color red is what saved me. A color is a pathetic thing to remember, but it keeps me safe.

                I yearn to see red, I wish I could see all the colors and hues that a rainbow offers; besides white. But sadly I can only imagine what the colors would look like since everything that surrounds me is white. My little white room is like a cage to me with no windows and only one door. I am a prisoner with only one visitor; who feeds me, but he is also the cause of why I am here.

                This man makes me call him “Father,” and is a vicious and terrifying man. Even though he has me locked up in this little white room I am still restricted by having heavy chains around my ankles and my neck. I feel like a dog wearing a collar when I walk around and the ankle chains make me feel even worse. But it is the only life I know of, besides my memory of the color red. 

                “Click, click, creak,” I turned around suddenly to see Father opening up the grand, heavy, wooden white door that leads to my room. I hate that door so much, it’s my only form of escape, but it will never open for me.

                “Get these on,” Father says in a rough aggressive voice that matches his grotesque appearance.

                He throws clothing at me that are white like my room and my white hair.  I don’t want to obey him, but I know that if I don’t I will be punished greatly. My average sized body told the story of what would happen if I wasn’t an obedient dog to Father.

                The one thing that disgusted me the most about Father is that he would watch me closely as I change into any type of clothing he gave me. He did the same this time, but it also felt differently too. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but it felt like he was trying to soak everything up like it might be the last time he sees me.

After I changed into the white long sleeve dress he gave me he released my collar from the chain on the wall and I thought this also strange since I never go anywhere.

“Come on we’re going outside to visit an old friend of mine,” Father said cunningly as he lifted me onto my feet. My legs felt nice and sturdy underneath my body, but I was met with a sharp shove from behind.

I stumbled to the doorway and my pale eyes were met with many hues of colors, but they were all very close to black. I tried to search for any hue of red that I could find, but I couldn’t find anything that was remotely close to the hue of red that remained in my memories.

“Come on keep walking.” Father shoved me again making me lay flat on my stomach.

“ If you don’t hurry up we’re going to be late meeting our important friend, and if we are late there might be a punishment waiting for you at our arrival,” Father cooed softly into my ear, but still with a rough texture to it.

I nodded at him and kept on walking through a long passage way. As we walked down the passage way we walked past a window only to see that the sun wasn’t out, but in its place I saw the pale cratered moon.

The moon seemed dull to me compared to what I imagine the sun to be; it still looked mysterious to me in its own way. It shined so bright that I could see pigments of yellow on its deformed surface.

“How many times do I have to tell you to hurry up,” Father stated harshly as I knew he would be intolerant with my actions.

I nodded at him and submitted to his command. We walked through another doorway to the outside world that was almost alien like to my mind. It was filled with many hues of colors that would be vibrant and bright to the world once the sun rose from the horizon. Even though it was dark like it was inside my prison of a house the colors were far from the disgusting mess inside.

It seemed Father couldn’t tolerate my slow pace anymore because he lifted me up and through my small form into the back of a motor vehicle. The whole world around me became dark as the metal lid to the back of the vehicle came smashing down on my only form of escape. It seemed that all the hope I had in the last few minutes vanished from as soon as the light from the pale moon was distinguished from my line of sight.

“Now once we reach our destination you will obey like a good little pet and not embarrass me by looking at every object in the blasted room,” Father shouted. Father was hysterical now because I had wasted so much of his time, and he must really not want to be late meeting his important friend. It is never a good thing when Father is furious.

 As we drove to wherever we were going I prayed that I wouldn’t be punished by Father or his important friend. I didn’t mean to spend so much time looking at the beautiful pigments of different plants, trees and other random objects. Let the darkest black swallow me if Father is planning to punish me.