Where it began

It was only a dream, but it stuck to me like glue on the back of my mind. 

    Starting off in an unusual place, it was pleasing but dreadful at the same time. Doesn't make sense when you put in words. The building seemed like it was just constructed, walls and floors of marble, there were usually windows on the opposite side of where the doors were. The windows showcased the dreary scenery beyond the thick glass. As I avert my eyes from the thick glass, I noticed people walking in doors that seemed to open up a portal-like darkness. I was weary of this, not knowing where to go or if I should even stay here, even if i chose not to, it didn't matter.

     Through the long and never ending building it seemed the doors went for ages, but after a while I found a door larger than others reading "Library" on it. Hesitant, I decide to open a door to find a huge library that seemed like it would have all the books in the world, a bit of an over exaggeration but still. How could this room even fit in the building, from the outside the doors all seemed to be at least 10 feet apart, I wonder if all rooms have this much space. I decide to cool my thoughts and explore this distinctive library that seemed to have bookshelves that carried hundreds of books each. Books that talked about psychology, horror, mystery, culture, mythology and so much more, this library was excellent for anyone really. 

    After looking for what seemed like years in this vast library, I notice something at the corner of my eye. Looking at the figure,i notice a head on a body of a female looking through the books beside me. But this was no ordinary head, it was the shape of a female eyeball. The head seemed like a painting that a struggling artist in depression would make, its hard to explain, even her features seemed very unrealistic. The one eyed girl was clearly invested in a book and payed no attention to my curiosity, seeming to block out the world as she read. Her eye dilated while running through the words that could paint a clear picture in your head. 

   It felt like a dream in a dream , I felt as if I should be scared, but I wasn't, something about this... creature was familiar in a way. A way that is like a child with a fond memory, i just cant seem to find why. Upon wondering, I realized that this creature had more color that what everything else looked like. Everything else was a mixture of blue, gray, and white, colors that seemed depressing. What made this one eyed girl different from everything else? Thoughts began to clear up upon gazing, like I had all the time in the world for what I wanted. It was like hearing the most beautiful song  on a windy spring in the sun, toes in the soft grass that almost looked like silk when the sun shined on it.  

    I opened my eyes and realized that I fell asleep on a library seat, the girl was gone and the color faded back to its original form. The once pleasant thought only became a distant memory that was longed for.