Screams

I quickly raise up in bed, sweating. I couldn't decided on what I was hearing was real or not. It sounded like screams.. I jumped out of bed, only to realize my feet felt like they were on fire. I ignored it and kept going towards my door. It was cracked, so I peered through. I saw nothing but an empty hallway. That's when I heard the scream again.

I pushed open my door and ran towards my parents' room. Their door was closed, so I had to turn the knob, which made my hand sting a little. I entered the room to see my mom and dad in their bed, under their covers. I slowly walked over to them, and lifted the cover. They lay there, with marks all over them and their skin was burning. Before I could react, there was another scream.

I quickly rushed out the door, and down the other hallway to my sisters room. I barged in, and saw her standing by the window. It looked as if she was trying to get out. When she turned to face me, she had blood running down her face and she looked like she was roasting. I didn't know what to think of it. All of a sudden..

Another scream.

I knew exactly who that screamed belonged to. My little brother. I frantically run down the stairs and into his room. He had the only room downstairs. When I rushed in, he wasn't there. I searched everywhere. The ceiling started to fall, piece by piece. I realized I had to get out of the house.

Just as I left the room, and ran towards the front door, I saw a flash of light go by my face. I saw it again. Then I just blacked out.

"Miss?" I heard a voice say. "Miss, can you hear me?"

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a doctor standing over me. He was flashing his light in my eyes. I tried to open my mouth, but something tasted horrible.

"Here," he handed me a cup. "You need to drink plenty of water to open your throat back up."

I accepted the water and raised my head a little to drink it. I could breathe a little better now. I checked my suroundings. I was in the back of an ambulance. It was parked out front of my house.

My house!

It was destroyed. Not even half of it stood anymore. Everything was burnt and ruined. I looked at the doctor. "W-what happened?"

"You had a fire," he said. "We made it in time to rescue you and your brother. Everyone else.. " He looked down, not being able to finish. "I'm so sorry miss."

The End.