Chapter 4 - An everlasting Moment

When I woke up I was in a good mood. It was Saturday, the day of the date.

 I  threw on a cropped top and a high waisted skirt then headed downstairs.

I was starving, so I decided to grab a proper breakfast. It was when I started cutting up fresh fruit that I heard a knock on the window. I looked up and saw Caitlin’s happy face smiling at me through the window. I quickly opened the back door and let her in. “Come on, what’s taking you so long, we have some shopping to do.” she said eagerly.

She walked to my fridge and took out a yoghurt, acting like it was her own house. Of course I didn’t mind.

“I’m coming, but I just need to eat breakfast and put on some makeup, I won’t be long”. “Ok, but be quick” she demanded.

I stuffed down my food, giving myself the hiccups, then sprinted upstairs. As fast as I could, I applied some mascara and lip gloss then I joined Caitlin back in the kitchen. “Alrighty then, lets go!” I grabbed my bag and we headed into town.

*************

“Ok, so what kind of dress are you looking for?” Caitlin asked me. I still hadn’t found my dress for the date tonight. “Something casual but dressy at the same time; I don’t want to seem desperate or like I’m trying too hard” I explained. “Right lets go there, then over there, then back there, is that a deal?” she requested. I nodded. “But we need starbucks too!” I suggested. “Of course” she replied.

After the first shop we still hadn’t found anything, so we decided to get starbucks. I ordered a chocolate frappucino under the name of Ariana, and Caitlin order a vanilla latte and called herself Lana.

After our delicious refreshments, we decided to go to the next shop.

In the shop I found a red strapless dress which I instantly fell in love with. I tried it on and it flattered my body. It was the sort of dress which could be worn to the beach or to a date. Exactly what I wanted.

At the shop Caitlin also saw a dress that she loved. It was black with floral print on the hems of the dress. It looked stunning on her, and although she didn’t have anything to wear it to, no girl has too many dresses. Well that’s my theory at least.

**********

After the shopping we headed back to my house. It was around 4:30 by that time but Caitlin wanted to help me get ready for the date, which started at 7:00.

While she scrolled through some magazines, I took a quick shower, as I wanted my hair to be perfect on the date. When I got out of the shower I quickly combed my hair through with my fingers, wrapped a towel around myself and walked out of the bathroom.

Caitlin and I thought it would be a good idea to paint our nails, so I picked out a deep red and carefully painted both my fingers and toenails, to match my dress. Caitlin went with a matte green and did the same.

Next was time for hair. I dried my hair with my blow dryer then I started to heat up my curling wand. Caitlin then styled my hair by using the curling wand to add a natural wave effect, then I sprayed it with some hairspray.

After that I put my amazing red dress on. I had forgotten how well it fitted me. “You look drop dead gorgeous” Caitlin said to me. I started blushing and with a giggle I returned the compliment.

Finally I applied some makeup. I used my NAKED palette for some natural eye shadow then used my liquid eyeliner to draw a thin line on my eyelid. After that I used mascara to make my eyes really stand out. As it was a date, I wanted to go a little more full on so I added a rose gold blush that looked great with my tanned skin and to finish it all off, I used a light pink lipstick which only stood out a little bit; exactly how I wanted it.