Happier

"Sorry, I really don't know, shhhh, sorry," I said while hugging her trying to calm her down.

I have a new mission, which is I don't know when will it end... that's why I said to her, I don't know when will I go back.

I let her go and kiss her on the head and left her and said goodbye.

A month later...

"Maybe I should go check on her," I thought. Right now we are preparing for the mission and we have free time tho.

I'm on my way home then I saw her. . .

In another's arms

"It's only a month we've been apart," I thought, "yet you already look happier."

I was following them. And they walk inside the bar. You suddenly laughed, a laugh that I've never heard when you were still with me.

You look happier, really, you do.

Then I walked in our old apartment, and everything's remind me of you. Damn.

Nursing an empty bottle and asking myself, "You're happier, aren't you?"

I'm not getting back with you, darling. Why? Because nobody will hurt you, like I do. Ain't nobody need you like I do. I know that there are others that deserve you. But darling, I still love you. But you are happier with him.

I bought a beer on my way back to the company. When I got in there I told my best friend about this, and I asked him, "Will I be okay like the way she feel right now?"

"It's okay, one day you'll feel it too."

I wish I'll feel it someday too, I said then sighed, with that sigh I let all my problems go.

I gotta move on, like she did.

And I never saw her again.