Chapter 31☽

Chapter 31☽

Kamari☽

"You're so damn selfish!" My mom yelled at me making me roll my eyes.

"No, she's selfish. All she thinks about is herself." I replied back to my mom.

My mom and dad came out to the waiting room to chew me out on how I acted towards Candace. I don't regret what I said to her at all. People care about her and she wants to continue to die. What's the point of going through all this when she doesn't even want to live?

"You don't know how much pain she has been in. You're being so damn insensitive. You know sometimes I wish she was my daughter instead of you." She told me making me look into her eyes.

"Hey, calm down." My dad said as he also turned towards her.

"Then you go in that room and be with your new daughter. Since I no longer have a mother then there's no reason for you to be talking to me right now." I snapped back at her making her roll her eyes.

"You know what! Your lucky I decided to put up with your lazy, fat ass." She said before getting up and leaving the waiting area.

I'm not gonna lie, that hurt. Everything she said hurt me. I just didn't want her to see me cry but now that she left the room tears start to spill out of my eyes.

My dad came over and sat in the chair next to me. He pulled me into him and started rubbing my back.

"I'm so sorry." He said kissing my forehead.

I turned to look at him.

"I thought you said you were gonna leave her and take us far away?" I questioned him staring into his eyes which are much like mine.

"To be honest with you..the only thing that has kept me with her is the small amount of love I have left for her. If you want me to I will, just for your sake. I can't stand the way she treats you." He explained to me.

I don't want to keep dad from her if he still loves her. That would really be selfish. I just don't want to put up with her anymore. I'm practically old enough to move out so maybe in the future I will.

"No, that would be selfish of me. I don't want to keep you from mom. Just know that once I get enough money to leave then I'm gone." I said to him.

"I don't want you to leave. You're my little girl." My dad stated making me shake my head.

"I'll always be your little girl but I have to do this for myself." I replied back to him.

He nodded his head in understanding.

"Well you make sure to take that boy with you. He seems like a really good kid plus I need somebody to watch over you while you're gone." He said to me.

"I most definitely will." I said smiling extra hard.

"Do you love him?" My dad asked catching me off guard.

I've never really talked to my dad about Jason. He just knew who he was and what he was to me, that's all.

"Yes, I do love him dad. He makes me feel wanted and beautiful. I'm very comfortable around him and can tell him everything." I said to my dad smiling just thinking about Jason.

He means a lot more to me then I thought he would. Almost a eleven months ago I hated his guts now I can't picture myself without him.

My dad smiled.

"I'm glad you've found someone who's good to you. That's all I ever wanted for you." My dad told me honestly.

"Thank you." I said back to him.

We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Candace said that she's extremely sorry and she'd like for you to give her another chance. The doctor told us that they caught it just in time and she's gonna be okay." My dad explained to me.

I am glad she's gonna be okay. I just wish she would've gotten the treatment in the first place so the thought of her dying wouldn't cross our minds.

"Okay, I will but only if she never does this again. I don't think I could handle this again." I said to him as we both stood up.

"Go tell her that." He stated making me nod my head.

I followed him as we headed back to the room.

Candace is like a sister to me rather than a cousin. I love her like she's my sister and I would be lost without her.

Candace's eyes instantly stared straight into mine as I entered the room.

I went over to the hospital bed and grabbed her hand in mine.

"I know I was being a little insensitive..." I started to say before my mom cleared her throat loudly.

I rolled my eyes.

"But I just wanted you to know that I care about you and I love you. I wouldn't want to lose you ever. That's why I was so upset when they told me you weren't taking your treatments." I explained to her making her nod.

"I know and I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking about my own health when I wasn't showing up the doctors for the treatments. Now I know and It'll never happen again." She replied back to me.

I smiled and nodded my head.

"And to make sure of that I will be taking you to your appointments from now on even if I have to force you to go." I stated making her laugh.

"That's fine with me and I love you too." She said as we hugged it out.

I turned my head towards Jason who was sitting there quietly to see him smiling.

"That's my girl."

________________________________

So I'm debating on whether next chapter should be the last chapter...I think so.🤔

What do you guys think?🤔

Comment below

Vote please

Follow also

Xoxo - Msfanfictional😈