Chapter 15- Fusion

Steven and Lars stepped out onto the sandy beach. "I wanted to be out here where it's night time and have a romantic felling." Steven said.

"You didn't have to do that." Lars smiled.

"Well, the first time me and Connie fused, we danced in this spot." Steven grabbed Lars' hand and gave it a kiss. "Maybe we can dance here?"

"I'm not that good at dancing, but we can try it."

"It's okay! You don't need to be good at dancing!" Steven grabbed his phone out and put on a calming and happy instrumental. He stuck his hand out and waited for Lars to grab his hand. "Don't be shy!"

Lars shyly smiled and placed his hand on Steven's. Steven grabbed Lars other hand and they started dancing. They started with a simple dance, similar to how Steven and Connie danced. Lars twirled Steven and caught him. They stared at one another and laughed. Steven's gem started glowing and before they knew it, they were Stars again.

"I'm back." Stars stared at his hand and started tearing up. "I'm back!" He got up and ran to Beach City. "Wait until Sadie-" He stopped and looked at the Big Donut. "I'm sorry, Sadie. I'm sorry for getting mad." He calmly walked in. The lights were on, and everything seemed normal. "Sadie? It's La- er I mean Stars. Are you in here?" He walked to the break room. Sadie was watching the Big Donut instructional video tape with someone.

Sadie turned around. "Who are you?"

"Stars. Do you remember me?" Stars looked confused. And why is Sour Cream watching that video tape?"

"Oh, no, get out of here!" Sadie shoved Stars away. "Since all the Steven and Lars stuff happened, I've had to find a replacement!"

"Sadie, please, listen!" Stars calmly unfused.

"Sadie, I'm very sorry for what I did. I didn't want you to be mad. I wanted a healthy relationship with someone, and Steven happened to be the one. I'm sorry if you wanted to be my girlfriend, but life happens, and things change! Can you please forgive me?" Lars gave Sadie a reassuring hug. "Please?"

Sadie looked at Steven, who was standing behind them. He gave a shy thumbs up. "I'm sorry for my actions. I just... I was so worried about you and Steven being in space. I thought you'd never come back." Sadie sighed.

"At least everything's okay." Lars smiled. "Friends?"

"Friends."

"Can I have my job back?"

"Sure." Sadie walked back into the break room. "Hey Sour Cream, Lars decided to take his job back. You can go party somewhere if you'd like."

"Alright. I just applied because you told me to." Sour Cream stood up, grabbed his jacket, and walked out of the room. "Also, nice tape!"

Steven held Lars' hand. "Sorry if my presence here was awkward."

"No no! It's okay!" Lars smiled. He gave Steven a kiss. They fused once again.

"Hey, Stars. I'm sorry for not understanding you." Sadie scratched the back of her head.

"No need to apologize. These things happen! Bye! Lars'll see you at work tomorrow!" Stars waved and walked out.

"Bye!" Sadie grabbed her coat and got ready to close up the shop.