Chapter 1

The stars shine sparkled in the sky; the beautiful starlight surrounded by the starry night devouring Mount Targon and it's elegant appearance. Two young kids laid, resting, on a hill stargazing. They were usually looked down upon by the other kids of Mount Targon and even their families as too different; sometimes maybe even seen as dangerous. They felt excluded, but imagined a world in the future where everyone would be united and not divided by their own solemn ignorance. Diana pointed at a flying star going across the sky asking Nemesis for her opinion.

"Hey, Nem, that one looks brighter does it not?"

"They all look the same to me."

It was a full moon, Diana's white glistening hair and polished white orb bracelets seemed to shine in the night. As well as the moonlight forever reflecting on her white glossy eyes, almost foreshadowing something, but Nemesis did not really think much of it.

"We should get back to the orphanage," she yawned, rubbed her eyes and faced Diana, "It's already late, I don't want to make it worse."

"You go on without me this time. I will be there soon, make an excuse for me will ya?"

Nemesis nodded and stood up while giving the star one last look. She turned around and strolled down the hill back into the small village beside the gates of Mount Targon. She kicked pebbles into the stream beside her located right before the entrance of the town with her hands shoved into her sweater pockets. She stood at the center of the bridge above the river and gazed at the magnificent glaring light reflecting upon the stream. She continued walking into the Solari Village and stopped in front of the poor, broken down, even rotten wooden building. The orphanage had seen better days, but no one seemed to care about them for the as long as they could remember. Several lights were still on from the outside so she assumed there were a handful of people still awake. She snuck around the building to the back where the dumpster was and climbed on top of it. She hopped, grabbed onto the ledge of a balcony, and pulled herself up. She strutted across the balcony that connected all the rooms until she made it to her dorm. She took a deep breath, softly wiped away any dust from her sweater and entered her room. She closed the glass balcony door and placed her back on it to just close her eyes for a second. She pulled down on the string to turn on the light, turned around, and immediately jumped at the sight of one of her supervisors sitting in the corner.

"What are you doing here?"

"It is nearly midnight, Nemesis, this is the fourth time this week," she scolded.

"What is up with you? And where is Diana?" —she rubbed her face, clearly frustrated, and faced Nemesis again— "She was a good girl, stop leading her in the wrong direction."

Nemesis opened her mouth in retaliation, however, no words came out. She wanted to say so many things, but she could not. She closed it and sat on her bed sluggishly.

With a deep sigh and staring at the floor boards, she responded, "Senya, I haven't seen her."

There were a couple of seconds of silence, every passing one made her feel even more uncomfortable and it was eating her.

Senya finally shattered the silence, "I know you were with her, but I feel like I've said enough. I care about you, Nem, even if you think everyone else does not."

Nemesis did not reply or even look at her, Senya obviously feeling guilty added, "I'm sure she'll arrive soon. Can you just get some sleep for me?"

Nemesis nodded and got tucked in bed.

"I assume you at least showered before you went out?"

She nodded once more, so Senya pulled down on the string turning off the lights and closed the door behind her. The moonlight was still shining through the glass and onto the floor beside her. She took a long time to fall asleep, she was always thinking and it messed with her head more than not, but alas she fell asleep.

The next morning was the usual routine. She got up, brushed her teeth, showered, and got ready for breakfast with the other kids. She stared at herself in the mirror for a bit. Her black silky hair went along with her black boots. She put on jeans with a bright blue shirt that matched with her shiny blue eyes. She walked out and tried avoiding all eye contact and sat by herself in the corner of the room while the rest sat in the large round table. All the kids laughed and played, enjoying ever second as it was their last. Leona noticed Nemesis on her own though and as usual decided to sit beside her. Her constant expressions of emotion and energy slightly annoyed Nemesis. She was pretty though, her bright and stunning orange hair reflecting perfectly with the sunlight. She had the best reputation from the eyes of the Solari masters for her cooperation, boldness, genuine kindness, and dedication to the sun.

"What's wrong this time kiddo?"

She tried smiling, "Nothing. I've just been thinking," but it felt so obviously forced she went back to her straight face.

"That's all you do, huh? Listen, come and relax. Let your body loosen up a bit. You'll thank me later!"

Leona grabbed Nemesis's hands and pulled her up. Leona leaped into the group of kids and began to dance along with all the other kids dancing around her in perfect harmony. She was in the center of the symbolic sun on the floor with all the rays being the other kids around her. After a couple of seconds, Leona waved her hand and Nemesis could not help but giggle. Leona ran out of the circle and pulled her into the center of the sun. They spun and jumped and danced as much as they could handle.

After hours of messing around and lifting her own spirit, she decided to take a break, as she was completely exhausted. One of the fosters yelled from across the dining room to check on Diana. Nemesis gladly rushed up the stairs to tell Diana about her day. She knocked on her door with excitement. However, she didn't open.

"Dummy, open the door! It's me Nemesis!"

No one answered.

She assumed she was still asleep because of how late she got home. Nemesis walked through her room onto the balcony to reach Diana's balcony door from the other side. She placed her hands on the glass in a cup formation to peep through. The room was completely clean and prepared looking like no one was in the room for a while. She felt a little nervous inside, but she had not realize it. She told and asked the fosters about her. However, none of them had a clue. Now she felt her heart beat a little faster, but she was sure everything was fine. Her dumb best friend probably fell asleep to the beautiful sight. Nemesis sprinted out of the orphanage and across the bridge. She pushed herself up the beautiful hill they laid on. She placed her hands on her knees and continued panting. When she looked up no one was there. Her heart dropped all of a sudden. What had she done? Where did she go? Everyone would blame her again. Tears formed in her eyes and she crashed onto the wet grass. Her back stung for a second as she realized she landed on something stern. She quickly got off and grabbed it; she stared at it for a while. It was Diana's bracelets and all of a sudden she felt the wind harder, her hair and grass flowing in the wind. She began to cry, devastated, knowing truly inside, this was her fault. She spent the rest of the day on that hill, wishing to any single god that she would come back... one day...