prologue

Rogue was like Sting's sun, the person who brightened up his day and made him feel warm and fuzzy from the inside. The person who emanated warmth and scattered light upon his darkest days.

It wasn't such a mystery to why Sting had ever fallen in love with him.

He can't describe his own feelings, but all he knew was that his heart jumped up to his throat and his day was happier whenever he saw Rogue; Rogue's cheek dimples showing whenever he smiled, Rogue's darkened bangs fluttering in the wind, Rogue's eyes that were so reminiscent of blooming red rose petals. He was beautiful, magnificent, absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, and Sting couldn't get enough of him.

This is what Sting thinks as he is being rushed to the hospital, and a Wind Mage doctor looks at him with an expression mixed with sympathy and worry. He hears Lector's frantic shouts of "Sting-kun! Sting-kun!" getting further and further away.

His vision is rapidly blurring and he can't keep his sapphire eyes open for any longer. There's something rusty in his mouth and it suspiciously tastes like blood, and for some reason, he feels as if his lungs are getting blocked.

He can't remember anything clearly. Was he in a fight? Can't be, he didn't feel any bruises or aches around his body. His heart, however, feels like it was being squeezed by barbed wire.

He couldn't take it anymore, as a soft whisper of Rogue's name escaped his chapped, bloody lips before his mind fell into the dark pit of slumber.