one

one pill on her hands

the pain was still there

five pills in her mouth

she was still wide awake

ten pills through her throat

her head is buzzing

zero pills in the bottle

everything went black

The sound of an ambulance ripped the silence of St.Joseph Hospital into two. The ambulance stopped in front of a wide gate, with the words "EMERGENCY UNIT" plastered above it in glowing red. A doctor rushed to the ambulance, followed by four nurses. The doors opened to reveal a beautiful girl laying on a bed. Her skin was pale white and her lips are purple. Her eyes are swollen but there were no hint of life anywhere on her face.

As the nurses pulled the bed out from the ambulance, a woman stepped out from the Ambulance, her eyes focused on the body of the girl that is getting colder by the minute. She looked worried, very worried. But she didn't look distressed enough to be the girl's mother.

The nurses and the Doctor rushed the girl to the emergency room. The girl how ever, didn't move. She didn't even flinch. The only thing keeping her heart beating was the prayers her friends sent from school. The place where her friend, Anne, found her body leaning against a book shelf, unconscious and eyes as empty as the orange bottle in her hand.