5

That day went by exceptionally quick, and soon it was night, pitch black. There were no street lights, and the only thing that followed us back to the village was the moon.

As we got nearer, the sound of screaming became clearer and clearer.

Cheikh's sister was dying. And there was no medicine, nothing.

I stood 8 feet away as he rushed off to try to help her, a long with a few other volunteers. I wanted to, I wanted to run, to move.

But I couldn't, because I was frozen.

She vomitted blood, and a lot more blood, until the whole wooden cottage was stained. I could only cry from a distance as I watched her.

And as she inhaled her last breath of air, she stared at me, and the look of betrayel struck me in the heart. As if she was in my mind, haunting me already, I heard her say, you promised you would save me.

They dragged her body away, her brother breaking down into tears as he sat on the dirt ground.

I felt something sickening in my stomach.

I was disgusting.

I would promise a little girl, just to win her brother's heart.

And I let that little girl die, without even trying to save her.

He looked at me eyes red from crying. 

But he didn't know, he looked at a monster.