Chapter 1

I just got from school and ran straight to my room. A few minutes later I went to the the kitchen to make lunch. Getting there I noticed that lunch was served and there was a note on the table.

"Sweetie, dad and i are gonna be away
For the weekend. We're going on a business trip, but don't worry Meme Maria will look after you. And call us if you need anything.
Love you!" It read.

This was the first time my parents have been gone for a whole weekend.  I freaked out. What was I going to do? As I sat on the table to have my lunch,  the door pushed open and meme Maria came in.

"Baby boy are you home?" She called referring to me.

For some weird reason, I didn't know why she'd always called me that. In case you don't know who Meme Maria is; she is our neighbour. She's so nosey. She just can't stay out of other peoples lives. I actually don't like her. I don't even know why mom left me in her care.

"I'm in the kitchen." I said.

Had I not told her where I was, she would've kept calling me that weird name.

"Meme Anna told me to watch over you. She'd be gone for the weekend, so if you need anything, just tell me"

"OK, thank you meme Maria" I said politely.

I knew she didn't only come to tell me the news. She probably knew my mom left me food, so I told her to sit and have lunch with me - Awkward! After lunch she left and I went in my room.

"Ring ring"

Perfect timing. Cole was calling.

"Hey, Cole. I answered.
" Yo! Where is you at? It's Friday bro!" He said.

Cole is a friend of mine. Actually, he used to bully me in middle school. I once stood up to him which almost landed me in hospital, but since then he never bothered me again. He started being nice to me and all. He says he was impressed by my action.

"Boy, you've got guts!" He'd always say.

Since High School, he started taking alcohol and I once heard that he was caught using drugs in school. I don't even know why I'm still friends with him. He called to invite me to his party and i obviously turned him down. I told him i couldn't leave home 'cause my parents were gone for the weekend. He came up with the worst idea ever.

"That's cool, bro. We can host the party at your place. What do you say?"

No way. With the nosy 'MM' around, there's no way I could have a party at my place.
He had it all planned out. An hour later he'd parked outside our gate. I went to open for him. He was driving his Father's car. How I wish my dad could let me drive his car too. I opened the gate and he drove in. He and his other druggies unpacked their stuff.

"We'll have the party in the living room." Said a short guy.

It all seemed crazy and new to me. Either way I decided to go freshen up. Moments later the party began and to my surprise, I came to find the living room filled with a lot of people. I didn't know the party was going to be this huge. I was totally out of place. I'd never been at an unsupervised party before.

Cole called me over to his friends. He introduced to one of his friends, and this time it wasn't a druggy. It was a girl. She was nothing like Cole and his friends. I'd just met her, but talking to her made me feel at ease. We talked about lots of stupid things, till our conversation started to get boring.

"Do you want to dance?" She asked.
"Sure, why not?" I responded.

As if! I don't even know why I said that. I can't even dance to save my life, but in my defence, she's fire. I would've been damned if I said no.  As soon as she got on the dance floor she drove everyone's attention to her. Well, I was dancing with her. All eyes on us. Man, was I having the best day of my life? My freaky Friday night had just began.