Chapter 2

Its been 17 years since I got picked from the beach, which means I'm now 23 years old and its my birthday.

I freshened up and prepared to go house hunting. I picked my blue eye contacts and placed them in my eyes.

I brushed my long, long blonde wavy hair and applied spray shine.

I put on my tank top and jeans and headed to my shoe drawer to get my black boots.

I checked myself once more and made my way downstairs.

Introducing my new siblings, my younger sister, Alice and my partial twin brother, Dane.

Dane seemed to have fallen in love with me when we were 16.

He asked me out and made me feel like a weirdo, he even kissed me at home, once.

Then at 17, he started seeing me as his sister slowly, but I gotta admit.

He's smokin' hot!

Today, first in my schedule is a tedious activity called WORK

I work at Dorothy's Café, where they serve people breakfast in the morning, lunch in the afternoon and dinner in the night.

Lucky for me, work has no uniform, so I get to show off my diva style.

But this job is temporary until I get a chance to become a star, hopefully I might see Kendira.
*****************

"Good morning, people" I greeted as I headed to the kitchen to get some coffee.

All eyes were on me but their mouth didn't seem to budge.

"I said, good morning" I repeated but they still didn't answer.

Oh my God, did I forget my contacts.

I closed my eyes and gave it a little rub in order to confirm that they were there.

Luckily, they were.

"What's wrong, guys?" I asked and moved to dad.

I gently tapped his head and the shaped cardboard paper in front of me fell flat to the floor.

"Cardboard?"

"SUPRISSE!!!" I heard the guys scream from behind and I shivered.

"That's not funny, well thanks though but I have to work" I told them while heading to the door

"Ughhh, do you really have to?" Alice whined and stomped her feet on the floorboard.

"Yes Alice, don't worry I'll be back" I said and headed out the door.
****************

At Dorothy's Café...

I picked up the napkin and started wiping the table but my hair just kept falling over my face and I kept blowing it off.

I started battling with my hair and ended up tangled together with it.

"Need help with that?" A really croaky voice asked me

I looked up at him and my heart started beating uncontrollably.

His hair was silkily brown and he had green eyes, his lips were red and kissable

But his clothes seemed really casual for me to believe he was rich.

"Um... Yes" I replied

He put his hand in his pocket and brought out a bejeweled hair pin.

"Thank you" I acknowledged and put my hair in a braided bun.

I picked my notepad and pen then looked back at him

"What may I get for you?" I asked

"I want you" he replied

My brain melted like butter on the sound, so the only thing I could say was...

"Hrn?"

"I said I want you"

"I am sorry sir but I'm not on the menu, do I look like fish or freshly fried chicken?" I asked as fear crept into my heart

"But I still want you" he said huskily this time

My eyebrows furrowed when I realized the meaning of his words

"I have to say sir, that is highly inappropriate of a fine gentleman like you" I reprimanded

But he laughed

Why is he laughing? He's supposed to be apologizing for verbally assaulting me.

"Do I look like a joke to you?" I asked angrily

"That is not what I meant, silly, can you sing?" He asked

"Urrr, yes?" I said with my happiness rising to the skies.

"Then go talk to my girlfriend over there" He said pointing to a really cute woman

Her jet black straight hair reaching her waist sparkled under the sunlight, her eyes were brown and she was in a suit.

"But seriously, what do you want to order?" I asked after a quick glance

"I'll have a cup of coffee, no sugar, black, thank you" he said and I wrote it down and handed it over to Carl.

I strode past my booth to meet the lady in black suit.

"Hello" I said and extended my hand expecting a hand shake from her.

"Hi" She said and grabbed onto my hand

"I'm Rhiannon Butterfield, your boyfriend over there says I should see you" I said to the woman who seemed dazed.

"You said your name is Rhi-Rhiannon?" she stuttered

"Yes?" I replied

"I'm Kendra, Kendra Ellington" she said with a smile on her face
"You still remember me right, Rhian?"

When she called my name, my mind flew back to the time we were just six and were on that rock singing.

A smile crawled to my lips and it pulled along a tear.

They both did their job and I pulled Kendira in for a hug

"I missed you so much" I said

"Me too... Oh, and happy birthday" she laughed

And I joined in too.

But her face fell again and she looked away.

"Bad news..."

Oh no, I hate bad news

"The battle of the three queens has begun again" She said

"Nooo! Why?!" I screamed

"Those aren't the questions to ask now, its how will we survive?" She said

I started panicking

"I don't understand, what do you mean?" I asked

"They know we are here, and their coming for us" she said

"Wait, wait, wait, wait what do you mean?" I asked again as the words seemed to be coming like knives.

"I mean we are dead meat!" She yelled and started prancing around

I sighed and she stared at me

"Which queens are fighting?"

"Your mum and mine are on the same team, but princess Dalphina's mum isnt" she said

This cannot be happening, what about my sisters, mum, dad and my new family, what happens to them?