Is She My Lucky Charm?

Hi,
Thank you for welcoming this new story. It is completely a teen fiction short story. As I planned it is going to be three shots only. I wish that you guys would support further too. Now let’s get into the story’s first shot.

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous’
- Ingrid Bergman

**SSM Stadium**

Abhi…. Abhi…. Abhi….

The entire stadium was roaring and screaming the name of the star player of the team. The champion football event was held between national level colleges.

It was nail biting moment, that only few seconds left, and Abhi’s team need to fix a goal as soon as possible.

“Arjun, soon pass it to him” shouted Abhi.

“No, Abhi it may leads out to fail” screamed back Arjun.
“Ok, soon we have less time” he replied back.

They both argued however didn’t give up their bonding in the match.
It is nearing to the goal area and the final kick. The entire stadium applauded happily. And it is a ‘Goal!

The goal has been gained by Arjun not by Abhi. This was the great disappointment for everyone.

“What happened to Abhi bhai, Purab? Why he missed out?” asked Bulbul sitting near Purab on the stadium seating.

“I don’t know Bulbul, however we made a goal. We won the championship. But I just going to hate the reason Abhi gonna say” replied Purab.
Bulbul looked him confused.

“Why what will Abhi bhai will say as reason? Is he injured?”
“Tanu! He thinks that she is his lucky charm. Today Tanu didn’t come for match due to her beauty contest. He will say that his lucky charm didn’t wish him, so he lost” said Purab with full of frustration.

Arjun and Purab had tried their level to make Abhi understand that luck is not in person. It is just a time which helps the person’s talent to reach the right path or destination. But Abhi have been always illusively mind washed by Tanu that because of her only he was getting success. But the good part is he thinks her as his lucky charm, not more than that. He was not in the list of those boys who fall for her beauty.

“What nonsense? See Purab, I believe in Abhi bhai’s talent. He was really passionate about football and Music. And personally I'm his great fan. You're saying he is just believing luck and that too her! I just can’t digest this” yelled Bulbul.

“Just now you came to know this, for this you're reacting like this. Then think about us. We were adjusting this for past three years. Just the first three matches Abhi went with Tanu, and he was the man of the match. This made her to play the trump card and he failed to identify her true colors. We are fed up with this topic Bulbul” said Purab with giving up tone.

“So sad Purab, I think it is time to break those blind beliefs” said Bulbul, determinately watching Abhi on the football ground.

“Who can change that Bulbul?” asked Purab, but Bulbul turned to check her mobile ringing.
“Di” she said by looking at the mobile. Purab turned with the shock. ‘Poor, these two doesn’t know that this was going to be the truth

“Your di will help us to break the blind belief?” asked Purab with hope.
“Arrey Purab, I didn’t mean like that, actually my di was coming here from Delhi. She just got transferred to continue her studies in our college. I think she reached here. She only called; I just read the name flashed on my phone” explained Bulbul.