Chapter One // And then the sun shined down

• Sunday •
   The next morning was a blur. She had gone to bed around three a.m. having racing thoughts. The live stream ended around 10:30, after Camila, the girl's idol, sang her ending song- Fallingforyou by the 1975. Lauren could listen to it for hours on repeat.

Actually, all of her covers were amazing. The brunette had all of her covers saved onto her laptop, and her phone, and her iPad, which was backed up onto the cloud as well.

Whenever Lauren was unable to fall asleep, she'd listen to her covers, expressing to her familiarity, and comfort. It helped relieve her stress whenever she heard the girl's voice. However, last night she was awfully too awake. She didn't know why, but maybe she was just too into looking through all of the Camila fan accounts on Instagram?

• • •

   Around noon, the girl finally awakened. She tossed aside her covers, revealing her flawless hourglass body, covered in a long, white flannel shirt. She slid out of bed, putting on cotton candy pink bunny slippers and walking out to the kitchen, greeted by her father, Mike, reaching out his arms for a hug,
"Good morning Lauren."
"Morning dad," She smiled up at him.
Her younger siblings, Taylor and Chris, were sitting side by side on the plush sofa, watching Adventure Time, one of Lauren's favorite shows. The kids made room for her, and she took a seat, pulling out her phone from her pocket. She opened twitter and checked her notifications, paying little to no attention at all.

Till she saw one person that liked her tweet.

She almost passed out.

The siblings sensed something was wrong. Her youngest sister, Taylor, decided to speak up, after whispering some incoherent things to Chris.
"Um, Lauren? Are you okay?"
"Oh my god! TAYLOR!"
"What?" She was getting pretty concerned.
"Camila liked my tweet!" Lauren shrieked, shoving the phone into both of their faces, as she took multiple screenshots of this glorious occasion.

Sure enough, the idol had liked a tweet that read "I LOVE YOU CAMZ THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING LIVE STREAM ILYSM @ Camila_Cabello 💕." Lauren had tagged Camila so many times, she doubted the girl would ever see, considering how many people tagged her trying to get the least bit of attention. Understandably, of course. Camila was an uniquely talented, beautiful, gifted, kind idol. The type of person you'd be proud to know.

The type of person that everyone wants to be around.

The type of person that has every attribute so stunning and perfected, it's hard to consider them real or not.

The type of person that Lauren would love to get to know.

• • •

• Monday •
Lauren had gotten to bed at a decent hour the night before, considering how excited and in disbelief she was.
It was only one like, she thought to herself. But it meant the world to her, in fact, any sort of communication with the idol was worshipped.

When she talked to Camila in choir, she would always seem so uninterested, and eventually get carried off by her friends. One glimpse of the girl would make her crazy. Camila barely knew the girl's name, yet she was so emotionally attached. She had attempted to give up her obsession, which only lasted a couple days, and only because she was on vacation and she didn't have service.

   The morning went pretty similar to how they usually do when she has school. She woke up around six, to slowly roll out of bed just to stand in the shower. She applied a foamy strawberry scented shampoo to her roots, deeply refreshing her hair. Slowly, she let the bubbles fall along with the water into the drain covered by a net to trap the loose hairs. She coated her strands of brown hair with a matching scented conditioner, yet not like foam. As she let the conditioner soak in, she grabbed a loofa and scrubbed down her body with a pineapple scented body wash. To finish the job, she cleansed her face with an apricot facial scrub. Everything flowed down the drain as she turned off the water, reaching for a fluffy gray towel, drying off her body, then wrapping it around her head, then dressing herself with a matching robe.

   She went to make herself some instant oatmeal as she waited to dry off. She brought the container back to her room and laid out her outfit, consisting of a Camila Cabello shirt to match a dark gray pair of gray jeans.

   The brunette dried her hair and finished off with a thin coat of makeup, followed by putting on a pair of white converse as well as a white sweater. She picked up her old Jansport and drove herself to school.

   Lauren arrived at school, with quite a bit of time to get what she needed for her first few classes. She put the Jansport into her locker, taking out a Biology textbook and journal, a Calculus folder, and a copy of The Alchemist. She walked through the halls, until hearing her friend Lucy, call her name.
"Lauren!"
"Oh hey, Lucy!" The girl returned.
"Hey! Wanna hang out after school today?"
"Sure!"
Lucy was one of Lauren's best friends. She didn't quite understand Lauren's love for Camila, but she was still always there when she needed her. Lauren couldn't have been more grateful for her.
"Nice shirt!" A very familiar voice called out to Lauren.
She turned.

She smiled so brightly.

   Thank you all so much for 40 views! It may not seem like a lot, but for just starting out it's just amazing to me! I love all of the support! Sorry if this chapter is bad, it's like two a

   Thank you all so much for 40 views! It may not seem like a lot, but for just starting out it's just amazing to me! I love all of the support! Sorry if this chapter is bad, it's like two a.m. currently lolol. I may not be able to update till the 15th, since I am going on vacation and I am not sure if I will have connection or not.

I would like to thank 5h9777 for helping me out with the cover!!! Thanks 💕!!!

Thank you all so much lovelies!!!
- 🌸 Emmy 🌸