Chapter one: the crying across the hall

Friday, June 30th. 11:51 am

~Mario's POV ~

I woke up. Which is strange for me to do. I just went to bed 2 hours ago. It's already 11:51 am. Wait... why did I wake up? I already went to the bathroom. I have a glass full of water next to me. And I'm not feeling very hungry.

Oh well.

I get up to try and see what is messing up my sleeping schedule. Maybe it the fact that I already slept half of the day today. Nah. I'm always down to sleep even when I just woke up 5 hours ago.
I walk around the house and look for what was messing me up. But I had a weird feeling that I wasn't the only one not sleeping. That usually means one thing.

Luigi.

I go to check on him. His room is across the hall. The left side of a two way hallway. I get right next to his door and press my ear to the door. I didn't hear anything for 5 seconds. And then I heard soft little cries from the door. Alarmed I open the door quietly and slowly. After all Luigi could be having hormone troubles again. After sense Daisy and Boswer and Peach broke up with him.... He has been really emotional lately.

And then I saw him.

He was staring at something in his hands. Tears ran down his face. His hat sat aside him. I never noticed his new hair dye. Green stricks on his bangs. His bangs covered one eye. He looked so sad.

And all I could do was watch.