chapter 14

Y/n pov

I woke from the smell of pancakes flowing through the air. I quickly get up and get dressed and brushed my hair. I run down stairs to see my brother scarfing down pancakes "Save some for me!" I rush to the table and start eating " So Y/n excited for the singing contest." Vylad said, I smile and nod " Yea I really am I have been practicing every time I have a moment alone." Zane rolls his eyes " I'm not sure why your doing since you don't win anything." I shake my head " I just want to do it, it's a really fun experience." Garroth nods " What are you going to sing?" I smile " its a surprise I'm actually singing three things there is the solo singers, partner singers, and the most creative." My dad ruffles my hair " Well I'm sure you'll win at least one of them sweet heart." I giggle mom nods " You can count on it that were going to be there, now off to school you four." We all walk to school talking about random things " By the way Y/n who are you doing the partner song with." " Laurance." They look surprised " I didn't know Laurance could sing." I giggle " Well I'm not surprised there is more then your computer games." I see Gene  by the fountain be uncomfortable because Zenix and Sasha were hugging and all that on each other. I run to up to him and hug him " Hey Gene are you gonna be at my singing contest?" He smiles and kisses my forehead " Sure will Babe right in the front row." I kiss his lips it lasted for a couple seconds then a flash of a camera made us stop. I turn and see Kawaii-Chan with her phone out. She looks nervous and puts her phone away "Oops Kawaii-Chan had the flash on.." I growl " Delete it!" Kawaii-Chan runs off yelling "Never!" I start chasing her till I lost her, dang it... I head to my class and see Teony and Katelyn and started telling them the girls night. They both said they would come.

-Time Skip to the contest brought to by Steven universe!!-

I was so nervous the day went by so quickly. Am I ready for this? Laurance walked up to me and patted my back " Hey don't worry about it were going to do great." I smiled my  nerves going away some people sung before us they were really good. Finally we were called up my heart skipped a beat. Once we walked on stage I could see the Shadow Knights and My brothers and my other friends. Are background music started and we took a hold of are microphones we soon started to sing.

Once I was seven years old, my mama told me

"Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely"

Once I was seven years old

It was a big big world, but we thought we were bigger

Pushing each other to the limits, we were learning quicker

By eleven smoking herb and drinking burning liquor

Never rich so we were out to make that steady figure

Once I was eleven years old, my daddy told me

"Go get yourself a wife or you'll be lonely"

Once I was eleven years old

I always had that dream, like my daddy before me

So I started writing songs, I started writing stories

Something about that glory just always seemed to bore me

'Cause only those I really love will ever really know me

Once I was twenty years old, my story got told

Before the morning sun, when life was lonely

Once I was twenty years old