HAYAN

"She's with another man!".

"Chill bro, he could be an acquaintance"

"I know you're no fool little brother, so don't try. Do you deny what your eyes saw?"

"Still..."

"Oh come on! My only regret is that mom was not there to see her 'ideal wife for me' " he paused,  tapping his chin in concentration

"You know what this proves?"

"That you've finally lost your ability to think?"

"That she's a gold digger. Who agrees to an arranged marriage in this day and age? She isn't even beautiful for goodness sakes! Plus, she's... I mean she's soo.. "

"Black?"

"Yeah"

Hearing my brother speak this way is absolutely shocking and disgusting.

"What's wrong with that? Are you racist? "

"What! of course not!"

"Good".

"Am not just - I've never been interested in her type that way. Am surprised mother chose her".

"Well, am surprised Amaa is open minded but for a worldly man like yourself, you sure have a narrow brain".

"Little brot-"

"Save it!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆

That was our conversation a day before the celebrations.

As planned, we had gone to spy on the the future "Misus". Let's just say my brother was not very pleased with the outcome.

He tried confronting the man who was all over sis-to-be the whole day.

I had to drag him off before the fool embarrassed himself.

Understandable his ire, but making a derogatory reference to her color was a low for him.

And I know for a fact that his sudden 'all important' emergency business trip was just a stupid attempt at escape. But he shouldn't have underestimated Amaa. That woman is very determined that this marriage holds.

Now am stock babysitting his fiancé.

My brother couldn't have been more wrong. Yes she was a simpleton, but looking at her laughing at something her companion said, I am ready to admit that she is quiet charming- not bad on the eyes.

Seated with her by an icecream truck across where I quietly observed from my car, was the same guy that Rayan and I had seen her with.

Whoa, what tha-

He's feeding her icecream?

Definitely will not sit and watch while a slip of a girl cheat on my bother! 

Already out of my car and heading for their table before a successful blink. Good decisions that because closely observing her companion, one could clarely see he had anything but friendly affections towards her.

"Frolicking town with a man may not be the best idea for a soon-to-be married woman, don't you think?"

Done with introductions, next, pulling myself a seat seem to be the natural precedence.

"And who, do you think you are?"

Well, maybe not.

But I court trouble on a regular, so.