chapter one- Joey

My phone goes off. I reach over to my night stand where it rests. My face still planted into the pillow. I groan as I read a message from Matt.

~ my place 530 , Amanda found another girl you may be interested in.

I sighed softly. Amanda's a sweetheart , but I'm okay alone. I've been alone for a while now. I think it's just sympathy at this point.

I layed my phone gently back onto the night stand rolling out of bed , my long legs stretching after a night of restless sleep. I cracked my back gently and stood. I walked to my bathroom and flushed my face with water. That woke me up. I brushed my teeth and hopped into the shower.

I got out wrapping a towel about my waist. Headed to my closet I found my outfit for the day. Gray Nike shirt , black shorts and my Nike shoes. I fixed my hair and wondered off to the kitchen preparing myself a meal.

-matts house 530 pm-

I got out of my car and closed the door . Locked it. I walked into Matt's house and sat at the kitchen table.

"Ooh Joey she'll be here soon!" Amanda said excitedly.

It made me happy how enthusiastic she was being.

"We'll see , Amanda , we'll see" I replied. I heard a car door shut then a knock at the door. Amanda skipped to the door with Luna in hand.

"Hi Stacy!" Amanda greeted. They both feel into an embrace and then regained themselves. Stacy smiled "It's so good to see you! How've you been?" Stacy asked Amanda. "I've been great!" Amanda walked to Matthias and sat Luna in his lap. "This is my husband , Matthias, and my daughter , Luna." Stacy smiled. "Beautiful family." Amanda then walked to where I was sitting and made me stand. I was taller then her with my 6'8 posture. "This is Joey , Matthias' brother." I stuck my hand out to shake hers. "It's nice to meet you" I introduced myself. Stacy shook my hand back. "Nice to meet you as well. Erm Amanda may I speak to you?" She walked to the back room with Amanda and I sat.

Amanda came back and Stacy left. I was curious as to why.

Amanda sighed softly. "Well?" I asked.
"She doesn't like men, J-Fred. I'm sorry I didn't know." I smiled softly "it's alright Amanda. I have a dog I don't need a girl." I stayed for a bit after and horse played with Matt. We ate dinner and I felt as if I over stayed my welcome and I drove home.

{This story was on my other Account. I decided to transfer it here. Happy reading ❤}