Lines Uncrossed

A/N: This is a compilation of short stories I have written at one point or another. Each section will give the reader a description of what the story is about. If you prefer to read with a blind eye, then go ahead. Hopefully, you all enjoy.

Sea Foam and Emeralds: Two lost souls in the world. She was weak when he was strong. She gave up, when he refused to. She wanted him to kill her when he couldn't live without her. She offered him happiness in another life. He put the gun to his head. All they had ever shared were the sounds of gunfire.

* * *

She walked down the street, practically limping, hoping someone would notice. Her eyes glued to the ground, she was careful not to step on any bug below. She felt they deserved to live more than she did. The bottom of her black flats scraped the asphalt underneath her as she merely dragged her feet across, not bothering to pick them up. They were just shoes.

It was cold and humid outside, but the only thing to cover her exterior was a mere short purple dress. It was lacy in the back, similar to a corset, and had a tutu-like appearance from the waist down. As the wind hit her bare shoulders and legs, she shivered. The clouds were dark and little by little, it began to drizzle, and each drop of water turned her dress into a darker purple. She didn’t bother to cover herself. It was just a dress.

Her dishwater blonde hair was up in a messy bun, knotty after not brushing it for weeks. Her lips, chapped, were colored a dark maroon. Her eyes, a sea foam blue, were surrounded by thick black circles of eye liner. Her long lashes would have been a beauty to behold if not covered by a deep foundation of mascara. As a few drops hit them, one or two eyelashes fell to her cheeks, followed by streaks of mascara. She didn’t bother to wipe it off. It was just her face.

A block away, a man with a crazed look upon his face grabbed for the money on the counter with his left arm, still pointing the gun at the frightened woman with his right. He smiled wickedly and winked at her as he shouted a few words to several other men and bolted off.

He didn’t bother to open the glass door as he merely broke through it. Shards of glass flew in all directions, some leaving minor cuts on his cheeks. One pricked his forehead and stayed there for the moment. The rest either hit the ground beneath him or dug themselves into his white dress shirt. He had been wearing that and dress pants for the special occasion. His black shoes stomped the ground as he ran towards the car, looking back behind him and preparing to shoot.

Men were shouting behind him, a few of his and a few of the bank’s. He shot several rounds without aiming anywhere, but was sure that one of his bullets lodged into one of the bank’s men’s arm. Still smiling, he was almost at the car, but as he turned back, he accidentally knocked into one of his own men. The money in his arms flew everywhere. Innocent bystanders watched the scene with wide eyes before making a run for the money. But the man was ruthless. He pointed his gun again and aimed.

The girl heard sirens coming towards her direction. She lifted her head to a slight angle to see a ruckus in the distance. Her eyes didn’t falter. She only continued to walk in that general direction like she had done originally. She got closer with ease to see a crowd beginning to form around a small silver car. There was a man running towards it with a light complexion and dark hair. His face was angular, and his nose was pointy, but what she found odd was the fact he was wearing a coatless suit.

She walked on closer, not out of curiosity, but just to keep walking. Soon, she saw a quick flash of green explode into the air. Excited cries went out as people ran into the madness. Just as quick, though, a gun went off.

The man smiled as his three shots hit three of the people running into the green cloud. The people’s bodies hit the cement, dead. A few screamed, but others found it difficult to see with the money flying around. The man was about to approach the car when the police finally showed up. He sighed, bored, and turned around to fire again. As he pulled the trigger, he heard a click. The gun was empty.