ARRIVAL

Sheilene could feel the salty spray of the sea tingle on her skin as they docked in port Royal.
There was endless hustle and bustle of the busy crowds yet a feeling of a tired and uneventful Island.
Typical. As a woman in the British navy they always sent her to the low profile and desolate assignments placed where they knew that nothing more than a simple burglary could possibly take place.
She sighed all her hard work all the ridicule of the other sailors and people who always told her a woman could never be apart of the navy, she had always dreamed of proving them wrong but this... Come on.
"Welcome to port Royal I'm governor Swan and this is my companion general   Norington, we are oh so glad you are here" a little old man in a white wig says to her superior.
"Thankyou governor we were most keen to help out when the news came to London" he replied politely.
" yes well with General Norington's promotion to commandant we have to prepare for the ceremony " the governor says.    
"How so"
"Well with all the navy going to the ceremony we need extra protection "
"Whens the ceremony?"
"About 3 months away but the townspeople will need to get used to the extra personnel as not to cause a panic among the people" 
" sounds like a job for sheilene"
"Fantastic" she mutters.
"Have fun" he says sarcastically.
"A woman!" Norington snorted in disgust. 
" yeah a woman" She says proudly puffing out her chest. 
"She'll be your head of security until the rest of the troops arrive in a few months time"
"A woman" Norington coughs again.
Sheilene rolls her eyes even in her uniform you could clearly see she was a  woman, why keep questioning .
"I'm a navy operative topped my class in the academy and have done my job to the best of my ability for years... Forgive me if I am a woman" he sneered.
She stepped of the ship the wooden boards creaked under her feet.
"Good luck Shay" the leading officer called after her as governor Swann leaded her away.
"Yeah" she mumbled under her breath.
The island was tiny with workers tirelessly working on building and repairing it.
"It isn't much but it's our own corner of paradise" the governor said proudly.
"What are you wearing" the general said.
"My uniform"
"But your wearing... Pants!" He said laughing.
"Mr Norington I am a navy operative I. wear. a navy. uniform." She replies flatly.
"Anyway there is an unspoken dress code her in port Royal one which even you must oblige too" the governor said.
"You can't be serious sir" she replies hurt, even thought she thought that  the governor was a nice looking fellow that statement hurt.
"My daughter Elizabeth will give you something more suitable to wear" he said.
"Yes sir" she said indignantly while Norington tried but failed to contain his laughter, snickering cruelly.