Chapter Five

"So are you and Dylan a thing? or not! You have to tell me!" I nagged Courtney as we walk across the park grounds.

"I don't know, I think we-"

"Ow!" I interrupt a ball hits me in the back of the head, I turn around as Courtney starts laughing.

"Sorrrry!!" I see a short girl, brown short hair with a rather casual look rushes up to us.

She picks up the ball. "I told them not to let me play, I am more of a sit inside person, outside like this I am a bit dangerous to everything and ow I am rambling," She laughs. Her smile seemed so carefree, like nothing mattered like everything was warm.

"Don't sweat about it," I tell her.

"Mei!" some of her friends call,

"Mei? Are you Luna's sister?" I know I have heard that name before

"Buckstone? Yup. I know, we don't look much like each other. Everyone seems to know Luna, and I am the quiet indoor face."

"Mei!!!" Her friend shout again,

"Well you better get back to them,"

"Nice to meet you Mei, see ya around!" Courtney yells as she rushes off,

"I'm coming!" She shouts.

"Well that hurt, strong throw for a sit inside person." 

Courtney laughs. "She seems nice-" Courtney is interrupted by her own coughing,

"You better not be getting sick, exams are coming up."

"I'll be fine, just the weather."

I looked off into the distance, "It seems like everyone is getting sick now of days."

****************************************************************************

Everyone was quiet, we had now moved up a floor so that we sit in a room that has a huge hole in the wall so we can see the streets, but the infected can't see or smell us up here. I'm guessing the hole came from when the military literally turned this place into a war zone. But lost.

The room is silent, yet the streets are full of the sound of infected, the spine-crawling sound of infectious murders who only kill and eat. It is now around an hour after nightfall, and the streets are completely covered with the infected. Some of them are still trying to find a meal off the blood on the ground, left by Mei.

I glance around this quiet dark room to see Bonnie sitting holding her legs. I see Dana laying facing the wall, and then Jess sitting against the wall, with one leg bent and the other flat out. She is slightly shaking.

"Jess, hand me the water," I say, she looks at the water that rests a meter from her, she stands up and begins to walk.

"Idiot." I say, she quickly looks at me, "Your ankle, you have twisted it right?"

Her eyes look away before I force her to sit down. I take her boot off and I look down to see her ankle swollen, and purple.

I stand up and walk over to grab a bandage from the duffle bag Bonnie grabbed and begin to wrap her ankle.

"You shouldn't, we can't waste material." Jess refuses,

I begin to wrap. "Don't be stupid. Try to rest it as much as you can," I tell her. "Dana. Give me the map." I demand.

"Why?" She asks not looking back at me,

"I am looking for an escape route," I tell her,

"We are not getting out of here."