{eight}

Crave Me © 2017 Nique Joaquin

------

"When was the last time you met him?" Lucien asked as he drove us into the city. Katherine and Desmond stayed over at the clinic saying that they had a few other things to settle for business.

"Not too long ago - almost a month - I guess... We don't talk much," I said and Lucien glanced over at me as he drove.

"Why not?"

"Lucien, an Alpha's daughter isn't gonna become an Omega- but I might as well have been. It's not like I was gonna let my parents live with that sort of shame so before that kind of shït could've gotten any worse... I left."

"But how does your dad feel?"

"I don't know," I answered simply before I lay back in my seat. "How'd you get into contact with my dad anyways?"

"Auden, he contacted me, not the other way around."

———

I sniffed out my dad the moment we walked towards the hotel. He smelled of Carmine and my sister's signature honey-scented perfume that had only slightly grazed his side. And yes, I could still smell all that - despite my human appearance. Lucien followed close behind me as I made my way to the piano bar, where I knew my dad would probably be drinking from his favorite kind of whiskey. And I was right.

He sat by the windows sipping a glass of whiskey with a ball of ice in the glass. I didn't bother looking over at Lucien or greeting my dad - I took a seat across him.

"Dad."

"Auden." My dad got up, his eyes were on Lucien's as he extended his hand. "Alpha Lucien."

"Dante, how was the flight?" Lucien said as he shook my dad's hand, he then took the seat next to mine.

"A little bumpy, but nothing unusual," my dad replied, taking his own seat. "Do you guys want anything?"

"No. We're fine," I answered before Lucien could say anything. "Why are you here?"

"I came to check on you-"

"You haven't checked on me since fall break of my freshman year at high school."

"Auden, darling, you know that I would've- but I had to take care of things with your sister-"

"Zaina went to school ten minutes away from my high school and our pack was smack in between the two," I breathed a sigh. "Anyways, we wanted to talk about the apartment attack, not me."

"You're my daughter."

"Really? I almost forgot," I said before I waved a waitress over, her eyes skimmed down Lucien before she even got to me. "Earl Grey tea, two sugars, and milk. Thanks." She nodded her head, her eyes glazing over Lucien and perhaps even more disgustingly so - my dad - before she left.

"Your co-workers were worried. We had to deal with calls all week," my dad said and leaned back in my chair.

"That's expected. I mentored most of the vets and dealt with some heavy-handed cases, but it's nothing that they couldn't handle," I said as the waitress returned, lingering a little too long as she placed my cup of tea in front of me.

"Ellis was asking about you."

Who's Ellis? Lucien immediately asked and I glared at him.

"No one."

"I see you've severed your ties with Carmine."

"Took me long enough, right?" I countered. "Listen, if you don't have any information about the night of the attack, why are you here?"