Chapter 1: Any Means Necessary

October 10 Kyuubi Attack

The fourth Hokage is sitting at his desk finishing his seal. The seal he thought he'd never use. He knew why he had to do this. For the safety and future of the hidden leaf...He'd have to do the unthinkable.

"Hello Kakashi."

"Hello Lord Hokage."

"I told you not to call me that."

"Of course..sensei. My apologies."

"If I wasn't gonna die I'd demote you." Minato chuckled. That was his one last joke to his student. Kakashi knew this all too well. "You know that was about as funny as Kushina's pranks."

Minato's seriousness returned."Anyway...How close is it?"

"We estimate it will arrive at our walls in 10 minutes. We have been trying to hold it back but this creature is so much stronger than I thought it was. This is gonna be bad if it get's here."

"10 minutes...Hah! Plenty of time for me Kakashi. Tell everyone that by my order they are to retreat to the walls of the village. You are dismissed Kakashi."

"Right Lord Hokage!" Kakashi vanished before a kunai embedded itself in the wall behind him thrown by Minato, annoyed once again about calling him by his title.

Minato continued his seal when there was a knock on his door. "Who could that be?" He thought to himself.

"Come in."the door opened to reveal Hiashi Hyuuga, his closest Confidant. At least he'd get to see him before that time.

"Hello Hiashi."

"Lord Hokage...Nice to see you again."

"Not you too Hiashi please. Call me Minato as my final wish of you. As you always have even now this is still time for informalities."

"Of course then Minato."

"Thanks."Minato stood and walked to the window with his completed seal in his hand.

"Are you really going to go through with it? Sacrificing yourself to seal the demon into your son?"

"Please reconsider this...Without you...I don't think your family will be can not raise your son alone. She loves you and doing this would-" He was stopped mid sentence.

"I have to...for the sake of the village. I have to give Naruto a chance to be what I always wanted him to be. Please Hiashi...You know as Hokage I have to do what I feel is right for everyone...not just Kushina, If I did I'd be a selfish person...She wouldn't like it...She knew that wasn't my style."

"But Minato..please."

"Hiashi...This is my fate...I know what I'm doing friend...Please believe in me...as you always have."

"...Very well...You really are the one Minato...We've always known...Even if Kushina's dream we've always known you were destined for this...Getting the girl was a bonus."

"Yeah...I suppose so...By the way...how's your wife."

"She's doing fine...And Kushina?

"You know her...Never a dull moment." Hiashi had to laugh. It was the best way to hide his sorrow...The only way.

"...Godspeed Minato...I'll make sure your promise is kept."

"Thank you Hiashi."Minato turned to him expecting a handshake. Hiashi put his hand forward but was surprised when Minato hugged him."

"You were my greatest rival... and my best friend."Minato turned to leave but he stopped with his foot on the windowsill. He stopped half way before calling to Hiashi once again.