Just on time

(Just keep in mind this is my first story so it's not that good 😕)

My alarm clock buzzes for the 300,000th time

"Just five more minutes," I tell myself.

20 minutes go by and I motivate myself out of my bed.

"Crap! I'm gonna be late! Hey Mom, can you drop me off at school today?"

With no answer, I dash into the bathroom to quickly do my hair before getting dressed.

"Hurry honey! The bus is going by!" My mom shouts from the front room.

"I'm not ready! Can you take me mom?"

"Again? Fine."

In 7 minutes (record time) I'm done with my hair and have my clothes on.

I threw on some skinny jeans, a baggy volleyball sweatshirt of mine, and added some toms. I whipped my hair into a messy braid on the way to school.

"This is the 5th time this 9 weeks, Kaelynn..." My mom says to me

"I know and I'm sorry about it. I'll try to go to bed earlier and get more rest."

We drive by the elementary school and I start to get butterflies.

"Mr. Drake is going to kill me."

Mr. Drake is the first teacher I have today.

"Thanks." I say as I'm dropped off by my mom last minute, "Love you."

Today is a Wednesday, so that means that I only have four of my classes today. And my first one is science.

I casually walk Into the office and get a tardy slip. (to take to Drake so he won't kill me)

As I'm headed up to my locker I see that I'm not the only one who's late.