Prologue

[I'm planning on giving song recommendations for each chapter, so stay tuned! I recommend Gold by Imagine Dragons for this chapter (big surprise, lmao). Art by sleii on deviantart!]
-
The Gleeful twins were never innocent. You could blame their father's anger, or their mother's pride. The children had feared their parents, until the day they had murdered them in cold blood, their hands stained red. The children, Mabel and Dipper, were only ten years old.

As different as they were from each other, they each had the same lust- for fame, power and fortune. They were willing to do anything for their wishes.

Anything, even summoning a demon. This demon, the blue demon, was a kind and honest demon, making a fair deal to anyone who had summoned upon him. He thought the twins to be innocent children. He was mistaken.

He gifted the twins a pair of glowing stones, the same shade as the demon himself. It was a fraction of his own power. A piece of himself. With these stones, the siblings overtook the blue demon, using his own powers against him. They were only twelve years old.

The twins crafted their own source of fame- the Tent of Telepathy. With the stones hanging at their hips, the twins were able to read the minds of all of Depravity Falls. But fame wasn't enough.

The twins needed more, and more was what they got. They stumbled upon a leather-bound journal, hidden in a secret passageway underneath the forest of Depravity Falls. No longer was the journal a secret.

The red leather was faded and torn, clearly marking its age. A piece of gold leaf was plastered on the front, in the shape of a six-fingered hand. The number one was written on it, in black ink.

With the journal, the twins learned a completely new set of powers. Mabel was skilled in the art of manipulation, able to control anyone she wanted with her artfully crafted sentences.

Dipper, on the other hand, was skilled in more of the complicated spells. This included telekinesis, summoning, teleportation and even necromancy.

This was when the twins became a bit more separate, no longer the dynamic duo they once were. Mabel was losing her sanity, and Dipper was losing himself.

With both power and fame, the twins should have had more than enough. But of course, their greed took over them.

They needed a fortune, and the only way to get one was through another demon. One more powerful and dangerous than anything they had dealt with before.

-

Dipper Gleeful, Fourteen

-

"Mabel?" I addressed to my sister, eyes locked on the passage in journal one that was titled, 'My Muse'. "Would you mind handing me our summoning candles?"

What made our summoning candles different from any ordinary candle was a spell I had enchanted them with when we first summoned Will, our blue demon. This spell allowed them to never melt away, the wax used Mabel to make them is everlasting.

"Sure thing, brother!" Mabel squeaked, running out of the room in a hurry. She was in one of her perky moods today, which was definitely going to hold me back. As her sanity kept fading away from her, she began to develop multiple personalities, with no known trigger that caused each personality to appear.