⍟Chapter 1⍟

Ella POV

Whyyy ? I thought slamming my hand down on my alarm clock. Waking up at 4:30 every single morning is annoying.

I work for my dad who owns his own Record Label, the only issue is I live two hours away. The question you're all asking is 'Why not move closer ?' Allow me to explain.

Long story short: Fantastic relationship, fell in love every single day, ended up with a unexpected baby, dream boyfriend cheated from stress, leaving me with a 5 month old baby girl, ex boyfriend now lives next door to my family with his fiancée, who looks after our daughter more then he does, our daughter has friends and she also has a heart condition which means I need to be close to the hospital for 1) Hospital Appointments and 2) In case of an emergency.

Yes, my ex boyfriends fiancée looks after our daughter better then he does, her and I are actually good friends, she's also training as a nurse, she comes along to doctors appointments and helps out, make sure that Maya takes all of her medication and surpassingly she's a lot better then Maya's dad.

Her dad has her when I'm working and when I'm not I have her or sometimes she comes into work with me, I do sometimes feel like I'm not there enough for her but she has a heart condition and I'm saving up for her to have a heart transplant, and with medical bills it's crazy, I'm just trying to be a good mom but everything comes with a bad side effect.

Sighing, I climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom, groaning in disgust, I wish I woke up like a Disney princess, my hair would be perfect and so would my make up, I thank Frozen for actually showing us that Princess Anna wakes up like a normal, everyday person.

"What ?" I asked answering the phone call.

"Good morning to you too, just making sure you're awake." Mckenzie said, she's my Bestfriend she also works with me.

"Can you not ?" I asked "waking up at 4:30 after getting home at midnight isn't a Good Morning it's a I'll kill everybody morning."

"Then move clo-"

"I can't, not until Maya has the operation, I'm saving my money to save my daughters life, so far I have hardly anything, sometimes I wish Simon would just help, y'know." I said putting her on to speaker as I put my toothbrush in my mouth and started brushing my teeth.

"Ask Luke to go talk to him, you know he won't stand up to your brother or what about Rydel's brothers ?" Mckenzie asked.

Rydel is my other Bestfriend, we actually met through my dads recording studio. She's in a band called R5: Riker, her older brother, Rocky her younger brother, Ross her second youngest brother, Ratliff, her boyfriend who's real name is Ellington Ratliff and herself, she has another brother named Ryland, his pretty cool I get along with all of them and his a DJ so we sometimes ask him to come in and do some stuff.

Luke is my older brother, there's four of us, two boys, two girls. Millie is the oldest she's 30, Luke is the second child his 29, myself I'm 25 and Ben, his 20 going on 21, big year this year.

"I can't, Luke will take a bat to his face." I said rinsing my mouth, after a ten minute fight with my hair I smiled with a sigh pulling my hair up into a high pony tail.

"Why are you saying it like it's a bad thing ?" Mckenzie asked.

"Because as much as I may dislike Simon, his not a bad person just not a good father, I don't understand how could leave like that." I said getting dressed.

"Do not make me slap you girl, he left you his not your problem anymore, don't start thinking shit about how you miss him and how you wish you had him back." Mckenzie said.

Simon and I have known each other since we were kids, we started dating when we were 13 years old, we had a 8 year relationship, from kids to adults everyone said we were too young to understand what love was but were we ?

"Whatever, I'll talk to you when I see you at work." I said hanging up.

It's easy for her to say all of that stuff, she's dating Rocky, as in Rydel's brother. His a nice guy and they don't have a baby.

Simon I don't know I guess he couldn't handle it and just decided it was best if he left, we've never really spoken about it, we hardly have a conversation, it's not even a five minute thing. He likes to make digs at people and I just can't deal with that kind of stupidity.

I finished getting ready for work and got into my car, sighing looking at the clock 5:15 it's gonna be a long ass day.

"Read messages." I said as my phone lit up.

"New message from Wifey: Why do you always hang up when I'm about to mention you on a date ?"

Mckenzie likes to think that she's a matchmaker, ever since Simon and I broke up four years ago she's been trying to get me to experiment with different guys.

I've been on a few dates but I didn't have sex with them or anything, call me old fashioned but I believe sex should be a connection thing, I'm not saying like fireworks and love making connection, I mean there should be a connection between the two people, not just straight off the bat trying to smash because I will pass. I'm old fashioned with a modern twist; doesn't have to be a love making connection, just a connection strong enough to make you think 'yeah this person isn't a dick and isn't going to have sex with me and just fuck off' if I wanted that I would have a one night stand.

Most of the dates I went on, I was forced by Mckenzie, she choose the guys and I understand where she's coming from and it's nice to know she's just trying to make sure I'm happy but the guys she picks we just don't click, hardly anything in common and one of them said, in a full restaurant, very loudly 'are we going back to your place to fuck ? 'Cause if not I'm not paying for you.' It was horrible, he didn't even hint about it just blurted it out like it was nothing.

Plus I don't really have the time for a relationship, with work and Maya, the last thing I have time for is arguing over stupid things, not all men are like it but some just want attention constantly and my daughter is my number one priority, she is before anyone else in my life including myself, some people just can't accept the fact that being a young mom means I can't always go out drinking, I can't go out partying 'cause I have to be responsible and I have responsibilities that I need to keep on top of.

I don't really know if I have to write a little thing after each chapter, I'm new to this, I guess all I have to say is Enjoy my book, if you do then please vote on it, comment your opinions, good or bad, I just hope you like my story, there may be minor sex scenes but I'll warn you just in case some people don't like that sort of thing, Enjoy