Chapter 1

You say you got a girl
How you want me?
How you want me when you got a girl?
****
Monday

"Beyoncé, do you know the meaning of the side chick?" Beyoncé's friend Kelly asked her, over the phone.

"I do." Beyoncé replied knowing which direction this conversation was going towards. First they were talking about how much they aren't looking forward to the family dinner they're having at Beyoncé's parents house to what Beyoncé was doing in her relationship.

"Then why do you continue to be one?" Kelly asked, referring to Beyoncé's relationship with Jay. Kelly knew Beyoncé was in a relationship with someone who's in a relationship but she didn't know who exactly Beyoncé is seeing.

"Kelly I'm not about to keep explaining the same thing to you." Beyoncé expressed to Kelly but she wasn't trying to hear it. Kelly loved Beyoncé she just didn't like the situation Beyoncé was in, relationship wise.

"Beyoncé he doesn't love you, he's been with that girl for how long?" Kelly said.

"Kelly this doesn't concern you." Beyoncé said. Beyoncé and Kelly were close, they were like sisters so she told Kelly things that she hasn't told anyone else besides her best friend Nicki and her blood sister Solange.

"He has a girlfriend Beyoncé. Stop being so fucking dumb and realize you're not in a real relationship." Kelly said.

"Kelly I'll call you later, I have customers." Beyoncé lied. Beyoncé was so annoyed with Kelly, she was always in her business and Beyoncé hated when someone tried to tell her how to live her life. She also hated when people were more worried about her business than their own.

"It's not going to end well." Kelly said before hanging up.

Beyoncé was 26 year old and she owned her own business, House of Deréon. She had 4 storefronts, one in Beverly Hills, Houston, Atlanta, and New York where she currently lives and an online store. Beyoncé's brand became very known after House of Deréon was featured in New York Fashion Week, which is why she's planning on expanding and opening more locations. She visits her other 2 stores once every six months to make sure everything is going smoothly.

She is currently in a relationship with a guy named Jay. The only problem was that Jay had a girlfriend, Ciara. Ciara knew Jay was seeing someone else, she didn't know who it was but she loved Jay more than anything.

Jay was a businessman, he owned his own club, record label and many other things. Beyoncé and Jay met a year ago when he came into her store looking for an outfit for his sister as a birthday present. When he saw Beyoncé he was attracted to her instantly. Beyoncé knew who he was and she knew he had a girlfriend so she insisted that they should be friends. After 6 months of a private friendship Beyoncé started feeling him and vice versa so their friendship became something more, sex on the weekends. Jay knew what he was doing was wrong but he had history with Ciara, they were high school sweethearts, together for 7 years and Beyoncé was something new, a breath of fresh air. Everything Ciara did Beyoncé did ten times better.

Jay and Ciara lived together so he was with her during the week and he also did whatever else he needed to do, like work. On the weekends he spends all his time with Beyoncé.

"Beyoncé there's a special someone that needs help." Nicki said to Beyoncé. Nicki was Beyoncé's best friend and also the Manager of the store in New York. Beyoncé only had 4 people working at the store in New York which was Nicki, Zell, Alexis, and Beyoncé. Her other stores had about 10 people.