Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After a couple minutes of quiet in the car (and us holding hands, Meep. I'm still in shock) we arrived at Rosario's, an Italian Restaurant that was owned by this incredibly sweet old couple.

It was extremely hard to get a reservation, but since I used to play the piano there, they made an exception for me.

We were seated by this absolutely gorgeous hostess. She looked like she should be on a magazine or on tv. I was a bit jealous that Mitch would be staring at her, but he seemed to have no interest.

Before she left I had to stop her.

"Miss?" I asked and she turned her head.

"You can call me Sarah. How can I help you?" She asked in an incredibly nice voice. Her voice seemed incredibly familiar, however I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Sarah, this is incredibly weird to say, but you are probably one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen. I don't know why you're working as a waitress! You should be a model or something!" I said. Her face lit up.

"Wow, thank you so much! You are one of the nicest customers I've gotten. And being a waitress, it's my part time job. I do videos on YouTube," she said and I was surprised.

"You wouldn't happen to be SariPlaysMC?" I asked and her face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"And you're Max!" She exclaimed and I got out of my booth to hug her. Mitch looked confused as ever.

As I broke away from the hug, I turned to explain to Mitch.

"See, Sarah here and I used to regularly record together, I haven't talked to her in a while!" I said and he nodded.

Sarah's jaw dropped.

"You're the Bajan Canadian?!?!" She said excitedly and he nodded. She used to always talk about his and PrestonPlayz videos. Preston was a good friend of Rob and I's.

"Well I have to go, but can I get your number?" She asked and I wrote it down in her phone.

She then left and I was able to sit down and relax.

"You seem popular," Mitch said smirking. I rolled my eyes.

"Not as popular as you might think," I said winking. He rolled his eyes.

The waiter came back.

"Welcome back Melanie!" He said and Mitch raised an eyebrow.

"It's nice to be back John," I said. He smiled. We were co workers.

"You are looking as beautiful as ever, " he said, winking. I raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me John, she has a boyfriend," Mitch spoke up.

"You? She can do better," John said smirking.

I didn't really want to deal with John, so I played along.

"John you might want to stop harassing me and my boyfriend. I can easily have you fired," I said smoothly. He rolled his eyes and smirked.

"Whatever bitch," he said, walking away.

Mitch let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry bout that Mitch. He's kind of an ass hole," I said and he shrugged.

"Hey! I ain't even mad!" Mitch said. I smiled.

We got a new waiter and he was a lot nicer than John.

"What can I get you guys to drink?" He asked

"I'll take a cok--" Mitch started to say before I interrupted him.

"Champagne. Please, for the both of us," I said and the waiter nodded and walked away.

Mitch looked at me dumbfounded.

"We're both underage," he stated and I smirked.

The waiter came back with flutes of the bubbly pink liquid and placed the glasses before us.

"Thank you," I said to the waiter.

We decided to share an order of fettuccine Alfredo with pancetta sprinkled on top. The waiter then left us with the bottle of the champagne.

I picked my glass up.

"I won't tell if you won't, besides we must celebrate your arrival!" I said winking and holding my glass up in the air. He picked his flute up and clinked it against my glass. We both took a sip and I smiled as it went down my throat.

"You know what is rumored to be the words of the monk who first created champagne?" I asked Mitch. He shook his head. Damn, this kid needed to start reading "The Fault in Our Stars".

"Come my brothers! I am drinking the stars!" I said and Mitch smiled.

"Then you can say.... This drink is out of this world!" He said, putting his glass down and doing jazz hands. I groaned.

"Oh god, someone kick him out of the restaurant !" I exclaimed and took another sip of my drink, a smile on my face.

We continued to talk and soon our food came.

After we finished off the food (and the bottle of champagne) , we ordered a piece of chocolate cake. While we were waiting, a girl began to start playing the piano and singing.

"You know, I used to have that job," I said and he smiled.

"You have to sing for me sometime," he said and I shrugged.

"Possibly,"

The girl began to start the piano chords of "She will be loved" by Maroon 5. I sighed.

"Oh god, I love this song," I said, closing my eyes and slightly swaying to the melody. I suddenly felt Mitch pulling me up. My eyes shot open.

He completed an exaggerated bow, putting his hand out for me to grab.

"Can I have this dance?"

I laughed and took his hand. He pulled me up.

He twirled me around and I giggled at his silliness. We started to waltz, or do a beginners 101 shitty version of it where we were both too busy laughing to realize how bad we were doing. He kissed me quickly on the cheek.

"Look, this is so rushed. I want to ask you to be my girlfriend right now, but I want to give you the proper relationship with the first date stuff," he said, looking a bit embarrassed. We were still dancing.

"Well we can pretend this was our first," I said and he grinned.

"Then will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, putting his nose against mine. I put my arms around his neck and he put his hands around my waist. I was significantly shorter than him, and we fit perfectly together.

"Of course," I said, kissing him in the nose.

We heard a woman behind us speak something.

I turned my head.

"Excuse me, can you please repeat that?" I asked. An elderly woman at one of the tables behind us had spoken and she opened her mouth to speak again.

"La coppia è bella!" She said, taking a big swig of the beer in front of her.

I frowned.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak Italian," I said

"The couple! It is beautiful!" The old man sitting next to her yelled back in a heavily accented English, obviously a bit tipsy.

Mitch the kissed me in the cheek and people began to whistle and clap.