BEFORE

SEBASTIAN LUPUS SMIRKED, swinging his machete towards the advancing vamp. Its head sliced clean off and fell to the ground, followed closely by the body. Next to him, Bea whistled, taking a step towards the body as she surveilled the area.

          "Do you think there's any more?" She asked, turning back to face the man. The blade of her machete rested against her shoulder, covered in the dried blood of the fallen vamps that surrounded them where they stood. A graveyard for the recently deceased undead.

         Were there more? He didn't think so. They would've attacked by now, if there had been— and they'd be dead on the floor, too, just like the rest of their buds. He voiced this to Bea, who nodded, slowly, her gaze lifting to the balcony overhead where a group of them had rained down on them. He'd been anticipating it; he'd heard the hisses from above, separated them from the ones down below. Bea had anticipated it, too, but that was to be expected. They were on the same side of the coin, Sebastian and Beatrice. Never had a suspicion that the other didn't share. They were two halves of a whole, or so some said.

          "We best get out of here," Bea spoke again, letting her machete hang at her side. "Don't want anyone finding us out here with these guys."

          "Where should we go next?" Seb asked, kicking at one of the nearby bodies.

          "We could check out the power saw incident in Cicero?" She suggested, tilting her head to the side as she watched the head of the vamp Sebastian kicked roll away from him.

          "I suppose," Seb rubbed at his jaw. "Doesn't seem too abnormal though..."

          "It's all we've got for now," she shrugged, "I'll check for more cases while we drive— it wouldn't hurt to just check it out, would it? It could be a demon— or a poltergeist. You love poltergeists!"

          "Fine! Fine, we'll check it out," he rolled his eyes, "But, I choose the next case. Deal?"

          "Deal."

x     x     x

Can you believe that I updated an actual, written, part of this? Because I can't.

I've actually had this saved for like months now? Why did I not update sooner? IDK.

ANYHOW, I hope y'all liked it so far!