mark me yours

.
mark me yours
"it's okay to die a little."
( sequel to words on skin )
.
♡ dedicated to Ginger_snap120

.

2 of 2

jungkook was reminded of the first time yerim's name appeared on his wrist, glowing white until it dissipated- and all that was left were three syllables that made up her name in red ink on his pale, unblemished skin.

the second tick of the clock hit him like a ton of bricks, eyes wide and mouth falling agape, wondering what the bloody fuck just happened while his heart raced crazily inside his chest.

looking up then, he saw her sitting between his bestfriend, taehyung, and her bestfriend, joohyun, before throwing him a sheepish grin over something he couldn't remember. he recalled feeling his cheeks heat up and his fingers trembling while hiding the odd mark that was left on his skin, confused that no one seemed to notice it, by pulling down the sleeve of his uniform until it reached the heel of his hand.

he excused himself, ignoring the quelling look sooyoung threw at him, and fled from the scene in the cafeteria, heading towards who knows where...

it's been a year when that happened, however, and jungkook is just as astounished when her own writing is once more visible on his skin, new words engraved on it as if she's there, doodling on his arm.

in fact, he hadn't been hoping for a response; but here it is, red as blood- as beautiful as her.

(doesn't that sound morbid?)

at first, he wasn't even sure what had been bothering him for months when all these... abomination of feelings resurfaced because of her name in his skin.

he was also pretty sure he buried it deep down after finding out that taehyung had been having a liking with their long-time school mate, his kim yerim- only to also hear from gossips days later that they were now publicly dating.

but then, a few stolen glances at yerim during class hours helped him figure out the ugly truth- the stinging pain in his heart whenever he sees yeri in taehyung's arm doubling over like it once had been in the first few pain-staking weeks of trying to accept the fact that he doesn't have a chance with the girl.

he found it ludicrous for a few nights, the amount of thrashing in his bed and one-way conversation in front of his mirror making him question his sanity as much as why out of the people in the world, he had to become interested with a girl that couldn't be his. again.

you must've wondered yourself why this bothered him, no? but, if ever you meet someone as reluctant and nosy as park sooyoung, you'd be in jungkook's shoes, too.

it was sooyoung that made him like this. it was sooyoung that found out his secret with a little slip up where he had to roll up his sleeve because it got dirty from all the soot that he had to clean with her on one thursday afternoon.

it was sooyoung that revealed the true meaning of this mark.

if it weren't for sooyoung, he might've brush the whole thing off; although, he was thankful that her name didn't appear earlier, either.