Chapter 5- Someone Entirely New

Lars walked Steven back to the Temple from the Big Donut after it closed. He held onto Steven's hand, making sure they were both together. They got to the front of Steven's home where the tide was rising. Steven looked up at Lars, about to say goodbye. "Steven, before I go," He stuck out his hand. "Do you want to dance with me?"

Steven looked at Lars' hand and smiled. "Yeah, sure!" He grabbed Lars' hand and they immediately started to dance slowly. Lars picked up Steven and twirled him around. They both laughed and a bright light shone. In an instant, they were gone, and someone new was in their place.

He groaned as he sat up and looked at the Temple. "Wha-" He looked down at his hand. "Steven? Lars? What is this?" He stood up. "Steven, where are you?!" He stepped back, drenching his shoes in the water. "Lars, calm down." He placed his hand on his chest. "It's okay. I'm here. N-No need to w-worry!" He started tearing up, his voice getting shaky. "But there's so much to worry about! I'm scared! I just want to see you again!" His body split back into Steven and Lars. They landed in the water, soaking themselves.

"Steven!" Lars quickly sat up. "Steven, where are you?!"

"Lars!" Steven stood up and dragged Lars out of the shallow water.

"Steven, who was that?!" Lars started crying.

"It was our fusion." Steven hugged Lars. "Don't be scared. Fusion can be fun!"

"Wha-" Lars hugged Steven closer to him. "Whatever it was... It was scary... I don't want to be alone..."

Steven stroked Lars' wet, silky hair. "The first time I fused, it was weird. I was shocked, and confused, and excited, and scared. But I knew I wasn't alone."

"I don't think that's going to help me." Lars put his hand on the back of Steven's head. "But... It was fun... Scary, but... Fun!" He smiled awkwardly.

"Yeah..." Steven looked into Lars' eyes, which were sparkling from the lights inside the Temple. "Your eyes look so... Beautiful." He leaned in closer an put his hands on the sides of Lars' face. Lars put his other hand on Steven's back. They leaned in until their faces were centimeters apart.

"Steven?" Lars whispered.

"Yeah, Lars?" Steven whispered back.

"The nice thing about not being that fusion, is that we can look at each other all we want." They both giggled as they leaned forward until they touched lips. A bright light glowed again as they fused.