Later

The world disappeared around us.

Adrien's lips moved soundlessly, so did mine, my words failing to reach my own deaf ears. The priest said something. It didn't matter what. Nothing else mattered. I felt myself slip into delirium as we leaned forward closing the space between us, I felt the warmth of his arms around my waist, I slipped mine around his neck, my hands tangled in his neatly groomed blond hair. Nothing else mattered time had halted, the world had stopped. We pulled apart. There was a sudden coolness in his absence that pulled me back into reality.

"... to read their vows, Adrien."

I felt him squeeze my hands. I turned up to him, for a moment we stood frozen in each other's gazes. He took a deep breath.

"Marinette, I... From the moment I met you, I knew. I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you talking to you, listening to you, just being with you." His thumb brushed light circles on the top of my hand. "I promise to always be there for you, to be with you supporting you through the good times and the bad because I love you. I love you, Mari." He smiled. "And I know that every day from this day forward will be better because I have you by my side." There were a series of 'aww'-ing noises coming from the women in the audience.

"Adrien..." I said, breathlessly. "I promise I'll be with you through thick and thin. I... When I first met you, you asked me to marry you. I said 'no'," He chuckled quietly. "...but you kept asking and asking...and. And the best decision I have ever made was saying 'yes'. So, thank you, Adrien. I love you and I promise that I will commit to you with all of the love and stubbornness that you showed back then."

"Now the exchanging of the wedding rings. Adrien place this ring on Marinette's finger and repeat after me." Adrien did as he was told. I felt the coolness of the ring and the gentle tingling of his thumb brushing against my finger. "I give you this ring as a symbol of my commitment to you. It has no beginning and it has no end. May its presence on your hand always remind you of my eternal love." Adrien repeated the phrase our eyes locked the entire time. I did the same.

After Alya and Nino's ceremony, Adrien and I walked down the aisle hand in hand. The night went by in a blur; we danced, some particularly drunk relatives sang, Alya and I each gave speeches, it was surreal.

By the time Adrien and I got into his car, it was nearly midnight, we were both exhausted. We made light conversation for a couple minutes as Adrien drove but eventually the talking dwindled. I watched the street lights glow white and yellow outside my window as the car cruised along the highway in a content silence.

"I love you."

"I love you too."