Home for Christmas (Union J Josh Cuthbert/ Short story)

One.

Christmas. My favourite time of year. Snow, presents and most of all entire happiness throughout the season. At this moment in time it is Christmas eve and my fiancé is away on tour with his band. It was his last gig of the year tonight, so he promised to be home in time for Christmas. I know it sounds selfish, but I really hate it when he goes in tour. Solely because he's always away for so long at a time and we never get to see him. But he is living his dream and I wouldn't want anything to stop that! Together we have a Daughter named Khloe. She is four years of age and since the 1st of December has been looking out of her window for Santa and his reindeers.

Khloe came scurrying over to me, tapping me on the back with her long brown pony tails bouncing in the air. I simply laughed and sank my knees down to her level.

'Mummy look its snowing again!' She yelled pointing towards the window.

'oh, so it is. How about we go and make a snowman?' I said turning my head from the window back to facing her petite face. Khloe grinned and nodded eagerly and she took my hand as we both walked upstairs to get ready. I got out both of our thick coats, scarves and gloves, ready to go out in the cold.

After putting on our accessories, we both walked back downstairs to find some shoes. I walk into the kitchen to grab my phone before putting on my wellies.

'Khloe darling, are you ready?' I said walking back into the living room to see her little body putting on her welly boots. After she had achieved to out on the last boot, she stood up and walked over to me.

'come on mummy, let's go!' and with that Khloe grabbed my hand and pulled towards the front door. I opened the door and was greeted by the joys of winter.