Reality Vs. Dreams

CHAPTER 1

It was nothing. I had been in the hospital for a week & nothing was wrong with me. I was secretly hoping something was malfunctioning so I could avoid school.

We went home after my parents finished the papers. And that really means my mom fills out the information & my dad just pays whatever is needed. He wasn't really involved in whatever this 'family' is called. He was just there to pay the bills.

The car ride was a long one, but quiet. I had gotten in & my dad didn't turn on the radio. He was acting strange. I couldn't see my mom in the backseat but I had a feeling she was uncomftrable by the way she cleared her throat. I didn't want any arguements today. I put on my earphones & went straight to music on my phone.

Sunrise-Our Last Night is now playing.

I heard my dad talking to my mom but I ignored it & turned up the volume. Then the volume couldn't cover up their voices anymore. They were shouting. I took off my earphones.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" My dad yelled at my mom.

"HOW? YOU'RE NEVER THERE! HOW DO YOU EXPECT HER TO LIVE WITHOUT A FATHER?" My mom was red. She was forcing the tears to stay in.

"JUST LEAVE IT. OKAY?! KEEP DRIVING. LET'S GO HOME."I interrupted before my dad could continue.

He didn't even look at me. He just kept driving. I put my earphones back on.

Right Here-The Story So Far is now playing

House after house, we were finally there.

Home.

After the door opened, I went straight to my room.

My phone died but I was too lazy to get up from bed. I layed there with my eyes shut. I fell asleep.

I woke up to a fire alarm. I could see smoke coming from the hallway. The kitchen was on fire.

I was still laying down, I didn't feel like moving. The fire spread to my room. It was on my paintings. All the drawings on the wall. All the posters. They were on fire. I sung myself to tranquility.

"Eyes like a car crash. Look but turn away can't."

My mouth wouldn't let the lyrics come out the correct way.

"It's just a dream."

I turned over & fell into the sky. Below me was nothing but water.

I was so close to it yet far away. I closed my eyes & I was back in bed.

I woke up with my hands on my chest. My mom had always complained about how I slept. She would say

"You sleep like you're dead. That's why you get bad dreams."

Oh, mom. You're so wrong. I enjoy my dreams more than I enjoy life.

I checked the clock. It was exactly eight.

After an hour of book work, I checked the time.

8:43

I grabbed a towel & went into the bathroom.

I got naked & looked in the mirror.

ew.

About half an hour later, I turned off the shower & wrapped myself in a towel. I left the bathroom & changed in my room.

I found my comftrable sleeping spot in bed & dozed off.