FLIGHT

There I was, I looked though the glaring glass pane, my eyes filling with awe. The avid sun beating down on the scorched Tarmac before me , worn markings stretched for miles encased in the remnants of worn tires.I sat there, listening, the whines of engines filling my ears. I watched as these huge machines powered up before my eyes , white and black spiralling into one. I dawdled my way through the crowd, reaching my gate in a matter of minutes. Worn signs filled the air as I approached the tunnel to freedom.I waved goodbye to the world as I set foot into the huge metal tube, which in not too long would be hurtling through the sky at 500 miles an hour, at 30,000 feet, taking people to their tropical desires. It truly was amazing. As I passed gracefully above the clouds, I wondered in awe at the marvel of engineering. The flaps; slats; ailerons, glistening in the sunset. I loved it up here, away from the rest of the world, just the air ,me ,and the plane. I felt a subtle whirlwind of freedom. It made me feel different. I couldn't comprehend the feeling but it was still as wondrous as it had always been. I looked out in front of me and branded seats stretched for what seemed forever,cabin lights beamed down on us, illuminating the minute, yet satisfying space. As I looked up a trolley was approaching me, guided by a stunning air hostess in a sleek, crimson uniform. She asked if I would like some water, placing her freshly manicured hand upon the seat back. I acquiesced, resting my head against the soft foam of the seat ,lulling myself into a gentle slumber.