Chapter 1

Cover by jazstrawberry 

"I wanna testify

Scream in the holy light

You bring me back to life

And it's all in the name of love

I wanna testify

Scream in the holy light

You bring me back to life

And it's all in the name of love." I sang in the karaoke mic. People cheered and I headed off stage. A group of boys made their way towards me.

I walked off to the back and grabbed the food I was supposed to be serving. I was a waitress but the guest enjoyed my singing so I sang for them.

"Can I get you guys something to drink?" I asked the men that tried to approach me earlier. There was 5 of them and they looked kind of familiar even though they all had on sunglasses and hats.

"We would actually like to talk to you. When is your shift over?" One of them asked me. He was the only one standing and was probably the leader of the group.

"I have five more minutes in my shift until I can leave. Or I can ask my boss if my replacement is here yet." He nodded and ordered a water for all of them. 

When my shift was up, I headed to the back room to change out of my uniform. When I walked out I noticed the mob of girls outside the door. My boss saw me and pointed to the kitchen so I went in. 

I went through the door and noticed the group I talked to earlier. The one that spoke to me turned towards me, "Sorry for the inconvenience but this idiot dropped his glasses." He pointed to a man with his head in his phone.

"I don't think you told me your names yet or what you needed to talk to me about." I said.

"Oh yeah. I am Xander, I am the manager of the Aviators. This is Aaron, Andrew, Anthony and Alex. We need a female lead and we heard your karaoke earlier and decided that we would ask you to come sing in some night maybe. You will be singing with Aiden, our male lead who decided not to show up tonight." My eyes widened and I realized they were the ones who caused the uproar outside.

"Sure but tonight is my only free night for the next two weeks." 

"Then come to the studio tonight with us. Aiden should be down there." I agreed and gave him my number to text me the details.

I arrived at the studio and walked in to see Xander waiting for me. We took the elevator to the fourth floor where everyone was sitting around. "Aiden is not here. He decided he was done so he left. I'm Aaron by the way, lead guitarist." He told me shaking my hand. 

"Ally Price. Nice to meet you." They went around introducing themselves. Andrew was bass guitar, Anthony was drums, Alex played acoustic guitar and Aaron played piano and keyboard.

"We might have to just play without Aiden." He handed me sheets of music and everybody got there instruments ready.

Hours later

They convinced me to quit my job and join the band. I was supposed to be at the studio everyday of the week besides Tuesday. I walked home to my tiny apartment. As I walked, I hummed along with one of my favorite songs.

My phone started to ring as my best friend called. "Did you here the Aviators got a new female lead?" My best friend, Mia Jones, was completely overly obsessed with the band I now sang for. "Wait until I get home, I have big news."

I walked in and Mia pulled me over to the couch and pushed me down onto it. "Tell me what you know, woman." I smirked before I decided I would tell her.

"I sing for a band now." I paused and let it soak in. 

Her jaw dropped open when the information sunk in. "You don't!!" I nodded and she screamed in my ears. We talked for a little bit longer before I decided I would go to bed.