Chapter 1

I woke up to a text from Blade. "why is she trying to wake me up at 3:30 in the morning" I asked myself aloud.

Blade: Hey, when you get this, call me, I need to talk to you.

Me: Blade, you do realize it's 3:30 in the morning right? What could be so important that you had to text me this early on a Saturday? 😑

Blade: It's...it's Joel...something happened and I don't know what, he won't tell me...

Me: I'll deal with him in the morning, I need to go back to sleep, I'll talk to you later.

Blade: ok...

*10:30am*

I woke up to a few texts from T.j.

T.j.: hey sunshine!
T.j.: you ok babe?
T.j.: oh it's 9:30, you're probably asleep

Me: yeah I was asleep lol, how are you?

T.j.: decent, you?

Me: decent

When I got tired of just laying down doing nothing, I got up to go get dressed. When I got into the bathroom in my bedroom, I noticed something wasn't right. There was blood all over the floor. I took a picture of it and sent it to Justen, my brother.

Me: Sent a picture

Justen: wait, where are you?

Me: in my fucking bathroom, you were the last one in here, what's going on...?

Justen: it's nothing to worry about.

Me: get home, now

Justen: ok

I got a few wet towels and cleaned up the blood. I had no clue what it was from until Justen walked in. His arms were cut. Deep. "what the hell is this for" I asked, shaking. "I'm sorry Kierce" he replied. "sorry won't fix this one" I said, shaking with anger. I pushed past him, going to the laundry room to wash the towels before mom saw. Nothing I did would convince him to stop. Even his girlfriend tried...it didn't work. I felt bad for him, the medicine stopped working...and there's nothing I can do.