Silver

Silver

By B.C.S

"Please just go. Get out."

Echo muttered, her features contradicting with her voice. Her face is calm and blank while she stared at the ground but her voice full of hurt and sheer terror. Dove hesitated before stepping uncertainly closer to her eyes showing how worried she was. "Echo.."

"No. Just get out!" She screamed abruptly before freezing startled realising how cold she sounded and then glancing up at Dove asking for forgiveness. But it was done. Dove turned away suddenly angry, unspilt tears making her eyes glitter as she held back a sob, almost unable to speak, all she could manage was, "Fine" as she turned stiffly and tore open the door leaving without glancing back once, closing the door surprisingly lightly behind of her.

Now that Dove is gone, there's nothing left. Echo stared at the closed door paralysed with shock, there is nothing. She felt nothing at first, it was numb, maybe it was just the adrenaline. She turned away from the door and stared at the plain ceiling. There were stars there...But...All stars fall. Then the pain hit her. It was agony, like someone had twisted a knife in her, nothing feels like this, and knowing nothing can stop it made it worse. Broken sobs escaped her lips as she pulled her knees to her chest tightly, as if she was trying to hold herself together in a deseprate way. Tears streamed from her eyes as she let herself cry, everything hurt, the tears made it feel a little bareable. It hurt. It hurt. 

She sat up in a jerky manner before reaching in a crazed way for her phone, her tears making everything seem unnaturally bright and blurred as she frantically scrolled through her contacts list. Forget, just forget. Forgetting would make it easier on me. She thought, shaking uncontrollably. She found the name she was looking for and then she hesitated again, tears wetting her screen as she almost talked herself out of doing it. But before she could stop herself she deleted the name 'Dove Willson' from her contacts list. Forget, forget, just forget. For some odd reason she felt strangely angry. She threw her phone hard on the ground, even though it was just carpet, the phone fell apart, the battery falling out making the screen go dark. A bitter laugh left her mouth as she turned away from it, violently ripping a silver necklace off of her neck and tossing it by her phone. Silver. Its always so soft, so delicate, breakable. 

Echo realised she was making the biggest mistake in her life and she would probably regret this for the rest of her time alive but...In order to keep her safe she would do anything. Absolutely anything to keep her safe, even if it meant she could not be around her anymore. Echo realised a long time ago, she is dangerous to be around, people that stayed with her really did get hurt. She didn't want Dove to get hurt, she can't forgive herself if she hurt Dove. She knew pushing Dove away would hurt her...But it was for the best. Echo got up painfully from the ground, it hurt so much. Maybe because she had been sitting there for hours...

Silver is like love, beautiful and amazing but delicate and breakable. 

Silver means goodbye.