[1]

I opened my light brown eyes to the rays of sunshine that awoke me through the open balcony doors. The morning weather was glorious as the soft wind blew a gentle breeze into the room. I swiftly sat up on my white king size bed and placed my two tiny feet on the cold white pearl floor.

My brown choclate hair fell to my knees as my white night gown fell to the middle of my thighs. The dress was sleevless with two white buttons near my neck and was extremely comfortable to the point it became a habit to always wear it to sleep.

Walking towards the giant stone brown doors to exit my room , I take one hasty look at my relfection in the crystal glass mirror over my white stone dressor. My tired expression stared back at me like a shadow and the silence in the elegant room was now to much to handle.

As soon as I walked out of the room and into the hallway , my nude feet were met with warm stone floors and the sounds of chirping hummingbirds through the endless open windows leading down the hallway. The sunlight filling up the room so there was no need to turn on the lights. The soft wind blowing in rose and sunflower petals from the garden gave a sweet aroma around me.

"Mistress!" A voice suddenly called behind me.

"Mistress! I didn't know you were up yet."

Turning around to face the distressed voice , I came eye to eye with a boy with bright blonde hair who was wearing all white. His aura seemed to radiate a vibe of tranquility and peace as he walked towards me with a small smile taking over his features.

"I have only been up for a few minutes." I say giving him a bright smile in return.

"Well that is great! You are finally up early for once. Usually I have to pull you out of bed."

"I know. I know. You don't have to remind me. Anways , I'm extremely hungry."

"Breakfast has already been prepared and a plate is waiting for you in the dinning room."

My face lights up at the news and I start to jump up and down from the joy. My body was ready to run down the hall devour any food placed out on the dinning room table at once.

"Let's race Ethan." I challenge him as my light brown eyes lock with his crystal blue ones.

"What's in it for me?"

"If you win you get my serving of chocolate cheesecake for dessert tonight. If I win I get to go out of the palace today."

"Better be ready to give up that cheesecake mistress."

Standing next to each other , our shoulders brushed against each other as our eyes were focused on the end of the hall. The countdown to three was slow and dramatic and as soon as three left his mouth , I was running as fast as i could down the grand hallway. My hair was flowing behind me as wind helped me run faster. Short breaths were rapidly coming out of my mouth as I forced myself to keep going.

Hearing loud footsteps behind me , I quickly turn my head to the side to see Ethan a few steps behind me and a determined gleem in his eyes. I closed my eyes and did the only thing that would ensure I would win.

When my light brown eyes reopened I was in the dinning room and my bare feet had just landed on the ground. The adrenaline was starting to calm down as I took my seat at the grand old brown olk dinning table. The large windows were covered with white drapes and only two plates were set and the table able to fit twenty.Soft paino music was playing from the radio in the corner of a counter by a old satute of butterflies that I would continuously break growing up.

Ethan ran into the dinning room with short breaths and a frown over taking his once confident grin. His blonde ruffled hair was now covering his eyes and his cheeks were bright red.

"You cheated!" He yelled while walking over to his seat next to mine.

"You never said I couldn't fly here."

"I'm still getting your dessert tonight."

"Ethan you could have flown here to."

His eyes immediately filled with sadness and looked towards his plate of perfectly cooked bacon and eggs. He tiny hands make fists as he thought deeply about what to say next.

"Im sorry , I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." I say apologeticly and rub my hand on his shoulder to ease the tension in the air.

"It's fine mistress."

We continued our breakfeast in silence with the occasional looks at each other when the other was not looking and the ever growing awkward tension growing around the room.

The kitchen door suddenly slammed open and a girl with dark brown hair and bright green eyes walked confidently into the room. A bright smile on her face that showed her perfectly white teeth and the small dimples she had on her cheeks.

"Hello Mistress and Ethan. How was breakfeast this morning." The lady said before picking up our now empty plates and walking back towards the kitchen door.

When our response never came , she sat the plates back on the end of the table and gave us both a stern look. Her green eyes were bright but disciplined and she always had a way to get us to talk. Her dark curls bounced by her shoulders as she walked back over to us.

"You two better tell me whats going on." She demanded in a calm manner while her eyes moved from Ethan to I.

"The mistress started it. She brought up flying again!" Ethan exclaimed while his pale skin turned pink from embarrassment.

"Is that true?" She asked turning to me.

"Yes , but I didn't mean to hurt his feelings."

"Then Ethan you need to stop being a crybaby. You are her gardian, which means you take care of her no matter what. It doesn't matter that you can't fly yet." She stated confidently to him.

"Yeah , I guess you're right. I'm sorry mistress for not talking to you during breakfeast."

"It's okay. I forgive you."

The lady now satisfied that the tension was fixed picked up the empty plates and resumed her walk back to the kitchen.

"Martha , can you tell the carriage rider to be waiting for us out front in a hour. The mistress and I will be going into thr city this afternoon." Ethan said happily before grabbing my hand in his and walking out of the room.

"Oh how I wish I was eight years old again. Problems at that age get solved so easily." Martha sang happily before closing the kitchen door behind her.